Party City Halloween Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Party City Halloween Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.6

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY).

Interview

she just asks about flexibility and availability and she asks how did i hear about them she adked was i in school i said yes she explained that the position was temporary and after the first week of november the job would be over

Interview Questions

• do you have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Party City

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

I applied online and they called about a week later, where I interviewed they didn't really need or want me to call to "check on my application". She asked if I could come in and I got there and we sat down and she asked about one question and then just talked to me about non work related stuff and asked if could start that next Monday.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Macon, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very easy, the manager made the job seem easy but the employees had a different opinion, but they were very helpful and made me feel comfortable especially since 98% of the staff was new hires.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to use team work to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

First I got a phone call from the manager which lasted a few minutes. She asked if I was available for interview the next day
    One of the assistant managers was the one who interviewed me (the interview was held in the backroom)
    Interview was brief - no more than 8 questions
    Basic questions such as tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, what are three words to describe you, etc.
    Since I applied for a seasonal position they asked me Halloween specific questions

Later they call you another time to let offer you the job position

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Party City in October 2015.

Interview

I was asked very simple questions. The whole interview process felt more like a general small talk conversation than a real interview. It was very easy was hired on the spot. However, I didn't accept I had an interview for set up for somewhere else that I would have rather worked at.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Party City (Richmond, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview. I was asked about my experience and how I handle customers. I also was asked how I'd sell a costume to a customer. Which accessories I'd suggest to them. Then the manager told me he'd like to make me an offer and I accepted the offer and that my orientation would be that Sunday at Noon and I needed to be in uniform. Overall it was probably the quickest interview I've ever done. I just wish it could've been permanent and not just seasonal.

Interview Questions

• What items would you sell to a customer who wants a witch costume?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

They called me just once and asked me some questions and then asked me when I could come in for a face to face interview and after that interview they asked me when I can start. At the interview they told me that it is only season and that if I do great there than I can get full time but someone that they also hired they said is doing better than me after working there for a week.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Bronx, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I got a call within a week of applying. It was a small group interview with 3 other candidates and I. It was pretty laid back, relaxed and stress free. She even told us to just take a deep breath and forget everything we had prepared because it was short and sweet. We were mostly asked about our availability and ability to deal with chaotic situations and multitasking.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called the same day to schedule for an interview the next day. Got there 15 minutes before my initial interview time. I was put in the break room and until the manager was done with another interviewer. The interview itself was very informal and there was no need to worry about anything. The total time the interview took was about 10 or so minutes. It is only a month long job so I don't think they really expected much from who ever is applying.

Interview Questions

• Questions that were asked were simple and more unrelated to the job. Questions that were related were: Can you stand for a long period of time? Are you able to multi-task? Most were about anything else he thought to talk about.   Answer Question

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

Applied on a Tuesday night and got a phone call on Wednesday to set an interview for Thursday.It was easy one question interview. I got hired on the spot and started working on Sunday.