Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Party City Interview Questions

2.5

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screening with Regional HR and then applied on line. Interview with Regional Director did not start well as he was 15 minutes late and then spent another 30 minutes walking the store before making time for the interview. Spent time walking the store together(not much enthusiasm from the RD), then spent time going through a few standard behavior and one off questions. Asked if I had any questions and then rushed me out. Not a great fit and the RD obviously agreed, but have the courtesy to show up on time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you needed to depend on someone else to complete a project   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

It was very short and they had easy questions. They just brought me to the back and asked me a few questions about my resume and customer service. Then they said ok they will call me.

Retail Associate Interview

Interview

its was about 35 mins long , i did a qustionare, and also went over rules and a few jobs i may have around the store, talked with curtis about my schedule and went back home

Interview Questions

• have i worked in a store before to were i can handle customers mad or regular   Answer Question

A Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockleigh, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Rockleigh, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was typical and it was a good experience to begin with. I was not offered the role but that is okay, you don't get them all. What is not okay is not responding to my follow-up emails and voice mails a few weeks later. The interview was many, many months ago and they still haven't told me I was not getting it. I understand not responding to everyone who applies but to ignore people you've actually met with is wrong. It makes me wonder if they treat their employees with no respect as well.

Corporate Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City (Rockaway, NJ).

Interview

Applied online and a few weeks later an HR rep called with a few questions and then scheduled an in person interview for the following week.

I went into corporate office and the hiring manager had a different idea of what the job entailed compared to the actual job description. She was brief, kept looking at her watch and didnt even try to understand my background before ushering me into the VP's office. He was even worse, asking unreasonable questions that also didnt pertain to the job.

Not sure I'd want to work there even if I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City (Richardson, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

They call less than a week, after the call they schedule an interview for the next day is really easy ones you get the interview and the interview is casual like a one on one conversation they talk to you like if they already knew you. Be confident and make them see you really want to work.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future?
      What roles can you do?
      What would you like to do on the store?
      Your currently on school?
      How many hours are you looking for?
      1 Answer

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

They called me just once and asked me some questions and then asked me when I could come in for a face to face interview and after that interview they asked me when I can start. At the interview they told me that it is only season and that if I do great there than I can get full time but someone that they also hired they said is doing better than me after working there for a week.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online September 2015 got called a week later for a interview had to answer a few questions over the phone. The manager was very nice and laid back. The questions were very easy so no need to panic. Still waiting on a phone call.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City (Port Chester, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

the guy just asked me why i wanted to work there and told me the uniform and then i got the job. there was really nothing more to the interview besides that. i applied online and he never called me back so i went into the store and asked if they got my application online and he said yes and then took me in the office and did the quick interview.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caguas, PR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City (Caguas, PR) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long but it was as expected,
    I guess they were a lot of people just for one position. But the manager was direct and to the point the interview was 1:1 The questions they asked were average but concise. At one point the let me to believe I was the chosen resource but unfortunately it was not.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experiance   1 Answer