Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Party City (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview with store manager, then district manager, the hr managers, then you take a drug test if you are in the running for the job. After drug test comes back they make you an offer. After that you are scheduled, do online yraing, and start in the store.

Interview Questions

• What are my strongest points.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later they asked me to come in the next day for an interview but I misheard and thought the interview was the following Monday (oops) at the time of my interview the manager who was interviewing me called and still had me come in. He didn't even mind that I was late and I apologized a lot and he even joked about it. He really didn't mind an was understanding about it all. The interviewing was easy there were pretty typical questions plus some specific to party's which I will list down below. Overall pretty easy. Got a call a few hours after the interview and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• When do people buy party supplies? (Time of year and time of day)   Answer Question
    • If someone came in to buy party supplies and only had plates cups and napkins what else would you sell them?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

Called to schedule a face to face interview. Just one interview and after that they will call if you got the job. Very basic questions, they just want to make sure you are a sane person.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Blaine, MN).

Interview

I was already employed with the company when I was promoted to Assistant manager so I was already a contender, however, my first position which was the Full Time Team Lead was very easy in my opinion. Basic interview questions. I had a meeting with the SM but I later had a 2nd interview with the DM.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Front End Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

One on one with the store manager. Went over previous work experience, skills, etc. Was asked about availability and given a general overview of what would be expected as an associate.

Interview Questions

• "A woman comes in and needs help planning a large party for her 20th anniversary. How would you go about helping her to pick out the items she needs?"   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Spring, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially I had a telephone interview with a recruiter that consisted of behavioral questions. Second interview was with the Store Manager. Very laid back interview. Talked about my management style and salary expectations. Third interview was with the District Manager. Talked about my resume, my management style, and other basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one the most important things to remember when managing people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview and hiring process were pretty average. I got hired quite a few months before they start doing the mass hiring for Halloween. I interviewed on a Thursday and got a call back with a job offer the following Wednesday. At my particular work location it was very nice until post Halloween.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Came into the store and seen a Hiring sign, so it places where we could leave our name and phone number. I filled out an application during Halloween time. I got a call back a week later to come in for a interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for an interview. I was asked to "tell me a little bit about yourself." And if i could stand and lift. I was then handed the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Can you climb to the top of the store on a ladder?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call about a few weeks later. When I got there I started right away with no interview. the only thing they asked me was when would I be able to start working.