Party City Part-Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

1.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Party City (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The entire interview was less than five minutes. I didn't learn until I got the call for the interview that the manager was someone I went to school with. I was still called in nonetheless. I was asked only three questions: can you drive, are you available on the weekends, and are you currently in school. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Party City

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

It was a group interview. She told everyone to grab something in the store that describes you. Went over scenarios with the group.out of the 7 of us only 4 of us got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw an employee stealing   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

the interview process was very easy. they were having a job fair at the store and I filled out an app. then a manager called me to the back for an interview. He was very nice and the interview was short and easy. he asked simple question and he had a smile the whole time. I start training this week

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (McDonough, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was extremely short, since I wasn't advised on the fact that you have to be 18 minimum to work here. Keep in mind I am 16, so I couldn't get the job.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City in September 2014.

Interview

I applied to party city about a week ago, and got a call back. Had my interview same day and was hired on the spot. All together it was a very fun expirence. she asked me questions like what would you do if there was a rude customer and how would you help dress a customer for Halloween. It was a very nice interview relaxing and fun!

Interview Questions

• How would you dress a customer if they can't fit in a regular costume?

How would you react to a rude customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation minimal wage is what you get and that's fine with me!

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

It was set up last minute but it was only because I had come in to turn in my application to the manager and after leaving she immediately called me to come in. I was hired on the spot even though I didn't have a lot of retail experience and I was super nervous so she took pity on me. Which I was very grateful for.

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Party City (Cape Coral, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

1 interview. Questions were straight forward and common for retail.

Negotiation

There was none, it was a straight forward answer.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Waterloo, IA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very easy interview. If you get called back for a interview you already have the job. They hire several people a month because everyone drops like flies in that place. There is always a "Now Hiring" sign looming there in the window that almost never comes down. If you get a job here expect to move on to a different one after a few months.

Negotiation

There is nothing to negotiate there. Either you take the job or you don't. I suggest you do not.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Party City (Springfield, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

I had applied the week before I was called in. For the interview, I was speaking with the owner of the franchise. He asked me questions regarding my previous employment. He was also curious about my availability for the Halloween season. He was very kind and stern, an odd combination but you could see he cared for his business.

Interview Questions

• How do you go above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer