Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

1.8

UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Rockaway, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with 4 senior level managers,followed by a 4 hour test, then had a phoned interview with a psychologist. Never have I been put through so much for a job.

Executive Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2012.

Interview

It started with a call from a recruiter. After that interview I had a phone interview with the DM. From there I had an in person interview with the DM. The last interview was with the DM, RM and Regional HR Manager. It was definitely the hardest interview I've ever been through. I wasn't sure how I had done, but I got the job in the end.

The HR manager handled most of the last interview. The RM interviewed me mostly at the end of the interview.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I had a phone interview that went wonderful and was set up with the hiring DM. That interview went great and then was set up with my potential DM and Regional Manager. It started out okay until the questions turned into everything numbers and as if I were being interigated. The RM was mean mugging me the whole time as if I should be saying sorry for something I never did. It was the most difficult interview I have ever experienced. Maybe they should step back a realize that they are hiring a person not a robot. Or realize that I was applying for a GM not a DM.

Interview Questions

• If you were the owner of your current employer, what 3 things would you change?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City in March 2012.

Interview

Played phone tag for about a week. My phone calls were returned during the times I had told the manager I would be working. Told to take the "simple" on line test. Was not warned that the test consisted of difficult math questions that needed the use of a calculator. Took the test and knew I did badly. No call from the contact I had been talking to. Thought it would have been polite to at least call and say I wasn't a good fit for the company. I have been working management for over 10 years. I have never experienced an "interview" process so difficult for this type of position. The manager gave me more information about his career with Party City than he ask for about my career.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were in the on line test.   Answer Question

Corporate Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City (Rockaway, NJ).

Interview

Applied online and a few weeks later an HR rep called with a few questions and then scheduled an in person interview for the following week.

I went into corporate office and the hiring manager had a different idea of what the job entailed compared to the actual job description. She was brief, kept looking at her watch and didnt even try to understand my background before ushering me into the VP's office. He was even worse, asking unreasonable questions that also didnt pertain to the job.

Not sure I'd want to work there even if I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

three interview process, first screened, then DM then RM. They make a lot of promises and sell the company really hard during this process. I was told the company had money to invest and really knew what they were doing. I was asked a lot of questions about my management style and my customer service style. They also asked me questions about what I knew about the company itself.

Interview Questions

• general management and customer service   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

It was a quick and easy Interview process, applied in store and got a call back the next day to meet with manager. After interview, was offered and accepted position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you're interested in working here? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. The next step was an interview with the DM. He called about an hour later to interview with the Regional and Regional HR managers who happened to be in town visiting stores.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions about past experiences to determine your reaction to pressure situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not one offer was what I requested.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Party City (Matteson, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

I walked in and applied. I was told to come back in a few days for an interview. This was my first interview, so I was really nervous. The lady had to try to get answers out of me because I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't prep the night before.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is looking at birthday balloon, what do you do?   1 Answer

Personalization Specialest Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Party City in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later got a call to come in for an interview. At first it was one store and the Manager and I couldn't get a time to meet. He was going on vacationa and said that he'd call after he was back, never did hear from him again. A few weeks later got a call from a different Store manager, and was able to meet with him. He was nice, the questions were general and a quick interview, about a half an hour. Four weeks later, with me calling every once every week, I get a call to go into the second interview. This interview was with the Head Personalitazation Specialest in the Area, she was nice and I spent an hour with her. During this interview it came to light that there are FOUR interviews for this position. A week or two later I get a call for the third interview, this time with the District Manager. He was a half an hour late, because of a problem at another store. Spent about thirty minutes or so with him. He also asks if I've taken the online skilles test, which the first manager had emailed me. Less then a week later get a call for the fourth interview with a guy from Human Resorces. Spent an hour with him, and never heard back from them again. Again I've called and have e-mailed to try and get a responce.

I was bounced around for about two months or more between 4 different store managers, a district manager and an Human Resources guy yet they can't respond to even say a yes or no.