Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

1.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I was asked basic, common questions. I was asked if I had any experience in a party planning as well as experience in customer service/ handling money/cash register experience. my interviewer was friendly & patient. It was over all a pretty good experience. quick, easy and although I declined the job offer, i would consider working there in the future.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview only days later. It was a very laid back interview, and wasn't asked many questions but got hired on the spot.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Very short interview, spoke with the assistant manager and was asked about 3 questions. Only lasted about 10 minutes. Most of that 10 minutes was used to explain what the expectations of an employee are and answering any questions I had.

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porter, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City (Porter, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied in person on a Sunday and was told to call the hiring manager the next day. After I called the hiring manager the next day I had an interview the very next day. The hiring manager was sick so I interviewed with one of the general managers. It lasted around eight minutes so I was pretty surprised because this was my first interview and I was expecting an intense conversation but it was very easy. It felt more like I was learning what I would be doing if I got the job rather than a normal question after question. After the interview I was told I would hear from them in about a week or two but I got a call two days later saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Would you be comfortable wearing a ketchup costume?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable climbing a ladder and stocking up to 20-30 pounds?   1 Answer
    • Any fear of heights?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

It took about 3+ weeks after I turned in an online app. Manager called me for an interview the next day. It was an easy Interview, just was asked a few typical retail questions. I was offered the job on site.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They just asked what my experience in customer service was. They also asked why i was interested in working for Party City and what was my availability. It was a very relaxed process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Party City (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

You will be called in for a very informal interview, took less than 10 minutes . They are very quick to hire. If you don't have experience, it is ok. They will hire anyone because it's a high turn over company.

Interview Questions

• How long have work for a retail company   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Brief yet effective. The questions were minimal, but I could easily see how they were important to the hiring process of the job. The manager and assistant manager kept the environment relaxed, in no way did I feel pressured.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was easy and quick. When in talk to a supervisor. Interview was quickly took less than an hour. Supervisor was very friendly and warm. Hired me on the spot

Interview Questions

• what made you apply for this position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Went there to fill out application in person and listed nights and weekends as my availability knowing it was a long shot but figured matbe they did stocking or something at night to have full hours. Was called in for an interview that was pretty simple and more of the manager talking about the job than asking me questions. After he saw my availability he pretty much told me that it wouldnt work for him.... I kinda wish he would've checked what I clearly wrote on the application before calling otherwise simple interview