Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Party City Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was asked about my age and experience in retail. I brought my resume with me only to find out i didn't really need it. I was there on the high recommendation of a former employee (a close relative).

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Greenfield, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy. It was conducted in person, as well as online. We even spoke 1.1 on the telephone. The general manager is a very kind person and wonderful to work for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Spring, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially I had a telephone interview with a recruiter that consisted of behavioral questions. Second interview was with the Store Manager. Very laid back interview. Talked about my management style and salary expectations. Third interview was with the District Manager. Talked about my resume, my management style, and other basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one the most important things to remember when managing people?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

on line app, was contacted by a recruiter and answered a few questions, then was set up with a district manager, and in a few weeks another district manger after completing background and drug screening was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City (Brownsville, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It was quick and easy, wasn't even a process. I had been asking and calling constantly to ask if the position was filled but it wasn't so finally they gave me the seasonal job.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

It was set up last minute but it was only because I had come in to turn in my application to the manager and after leaving she immediately called me to come in. I was hired on the spot even though I didn't have a lot of retail experience and I was super nervous so she took pity on me. Which I was very grateful for.

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Party City (Burlington, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Quick and Easy. Depending on the month they interview you, you are almost gaurenteed a job as long as you dont completely fail. Simple questions about halloween and holidays. Make sure you dont mention any competitors in your answers, sure fire way to not gt hired

Interview Questions

• What kind of parties do people throw?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Party City (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call requesting an interview a few days later. The interview took place mainly with the store manager, though later on the assistant store manager joined in, and they just asked pretty straight forward simple questions. I applied for a seasonal position, so I talked enthusiastically about how much I loved Halloween + my own experiences. It was an easy process, they were friendly and I got a call the next day with a job offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What accessories would you recommend to a customer who is purchasing a witch's costume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview and hiring process were pretty average. I got hired quite a few months before they start doing the mass hiring for Halloween. I interviewed on a Thursday and got a call back with a job offer the following Wednesday. At my particular work location it was very nice until post Halloween.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Came into the store and seen a Hiring sign, so it places where we could leave our name and phone number. I filled out an application during Halloween time. I got a call back a week later to come in for a interview.