Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Party City Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

1.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City in October 2016.

Interview

I was hired on the spot and wasn't asked any questions. Though the manager did go on for 20 minutes about football. I was prepared for many different interview questions, but not football. The manager was really nice though, and made me feel at ease and comfortable. It would have been a good conversation except I don't like football and I only understood less than one-third of what he was saying.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was okay they ask a few questions and I got hired on the spot. I felt the interview was average and I very excited about the job until how they treat their employees.

Interview Questions

• what would I do if the store get busy
      How did you hear about us hiring
      1 Answer
    • have you every shop in Party City   Answer Question

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Macon, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very easy, the manager made the job seem easy but the employees had a different opinion, but they were very helpful and made me feel comfortable especially since 98% of the staff was new hires.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to use team work to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screening with Regional HR and then applied on line. Interview with Regional Director did not start well as he was 15 minutes late and then spent another 30 minutes walking the store before making time for the interview. Spent time walking the store together(not much enthusiasm from the RD), then spent time going through a few standard behavior and one off questions. Asked if I had any questions and then rushed me out. Not a great fit and the RD obviously agreed, but have the courtesy to show up on time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you needed to depend on someone else to complete a project   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

I went and met with the manager I sat down in the back gave him a good hand shake then he had me write down my availability on a piece of paper then we talked about my resume, asking me why I want to work for party city and asked me a few questions and then hired me on the spot...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, How do you feel about Halloween? What is your retail experience?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about Halloween?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY).

Interview

Very long process interview starts with the regional VP and then moves to the corporate team, VP of HR, Operations and then ending with the President. Streamlined and structured process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you managed a process within your district. Give opps and wins   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interview over video chat. Not really a negative factor just took some getting used to.

Halloween Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty fast and easy. Halloween is like their Christmas so they need all the help they can get. They are really only looking for dependability and availability. And an outgoing personality I think I got hired on that alone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hourly wage you start at minimum wage but if you play your cards right you might be able to get about $0.75 more

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Party City (Temecula, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was honestly pretty simple. I went in, she asked about my availability and then asked me 3 questions and that was it. She was very nice and the atmosphere was very chill with no pressure

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Party City (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and got called back on a Sunday and was told if I'm available on Wednesday for the interview. So I went on Wednesday and waited a bit then the manager came and we had a quick interview and got hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy and quick. They only asked me one question. They hired me on the spot. Overall it was a good experience and it was really fun to be there. I am going to miss the job. I was a seasonal associates.