Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Party City Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

Called to schedule a face to face interview. Just one interview and after that they will call if you got the job. Very basic questions, they just want to make sure you are a sane person.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Blaine, MN).

Interview

I was already employed with the company when I was promoted to Assistant manager so I was already a contender, however, my first position which was the Full Time Team Lead was very easy in my opinion. Basic interview questions. I had a meeting with the SM but I later had a 2nd interview with the DM.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Brief yet effective. The questions were minimal, but I could easily see how they were important to the hiring process of the job. The manager and assistant manager kept the environment relaxed, in no way did I feel pressured.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

One on one with the store manager. Went over previous work experience, skills, etc. Was asked about availability and given a general overview of what would be expected as an associate.

Interview Questions

• "A woman comes in and needs help planning a large party for her 20th anniversary. How would you go about helping her to pick out the items she needs?"   Answer Question

Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Party City (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

You will be called in for a very informal interview, took less than 10 minutes . They are very quick to hire. If you don't have experience, it is ok. They will hire anyone because it's a high turn over company.

Interview Questions

• How long have work for a retail company   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Spring, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially I had a telephone interview with a recruiter that consisted of behavioral questions. Second interview was with the Store Manager. Very laid back interview. Talked about my management style and salary expectations. Third interview was with the District Manager. Talked about my resume, my management style, and other basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one the most important things to remember when managing people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview and hiring process were pretty average. I got hired quite a few months before they start doing the mass hiring for Halloween. I interviewed on a Thursday and got a call back with a job offer the following Wednesday. At my particular work location it was very nice until post Halloween.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Came into the store and seen a Hiring sign, so it places where we could leave our name and phone number. I filled out an application during Halloween time. I got a call back a week later to come in for a interview.

Online Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Party City (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It started with HR phone interview of 20 mins. Within two hours I got request for onsite interview. Had two onsite interviews. First, Onsite interview went for two hours and another for one hour. Interview was taken my three Directors and three Senior Managers. Mostly everything was from my resume. One of the director connected her laptop with projector and started asking for my inputs, kind of changes I would make and how I am going analyze the performance. Within four days I got offer.

Interview Questions

• There are few tasks which will keep repeating on daily basis, sometimes two three times in a day, are you fine that? And how would you manage multiple projects at a time ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I was asked basic, common questions. I was asked if I had any experience in a party planning as well as experience in customer service/ handling money/cash register experience. my interviewer was friendly & patient. It was over all a pretty good experience. quick, easy and although I declined the job offer, i would consider working there in the future.