Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy and quick. They only asked me one question. They hired me on the spot. Overall it was a good experience and it was really fun to be there. I am going to miss the job. I was a seasonal associates.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tannersville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Party City (Tannersville, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. got called in for interview, a few days later. I interviewed with the general manager. they asked basic questions. Like whats your experience like, are you in school, are you familiar with marvel characters,etc I was hired on-the spot. they sent me an email after I was done, and I started working the following week.

Interview Questions

• what is your background experience like?
      have u ever been here before?
      Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Temecula, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Went in, and talk to the management. They make you feel welcome. It was so comfortable to talk to them. I normally get nervous at interviews, but here did not,

Interview Questions

• If you and another employee don't get along, how do you handle the situtation.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

First I got a phone call from the manager which lasted a few minutes. She asked if I was available for interview the next day
    One of the assistant managers was the one who interviewed me (the interview was held in the backroom)
    Interview was brief - no more than 8 questions
    Basic questions such as tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, what are three words to describe you, etc.
    Since I applied for a seasonal position they asked me Halloween specific questions

Later they call you another time to let offer you the job position

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Naperville, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Went in for a interview that was about 10 min long. Took a assessment test. Was told when i would have a phone interview. The following day had the phone interview

Interview Questions

• When was i available to start   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hialeah, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (Hialeah, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

They were doing this thing with questions about me and I had to answer them over the phone and then I had to call them back and they interviewed me in person up close and personal

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Came in a few minutes early, waited for a bit, and then manager came and we shook hands. We headed to the back for the interview. It was very casual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be confident, speak loudly, make eye contact, and make sure you thank them.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

It was very short and they had easy questions. They just brought me to the back and asked me a few questions about my resume and customer service. Then they said ok they will call me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad at all. I applied online and a week later, I was called for an interview the next day. The manager just basically went through my resume and asked questions from it and he made casual conversation so I was relaxed and comfortable. None of the interview questions were hard, they were very simple and was very easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Can you provide/have you provided customer service?
      Have you ever had experience handling cash?
      Are you afraid of balloons?
      Are you allergic to latex?
      Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Party City (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The entire interview was less than five minutes. I didn't learn until I got the call for the interview that the manager was someone I went to school with. I was still called in nonetheless. I was asked only three questions: can you drive, are you available on the weekends, and are you currently in school. I was hired on the spot.