Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

1.8

Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Party City (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

You will be called in for a very informal interview, took less than 10 minutes . They are very quick to hire. If you don't have experience, it is ok. They will hire anyone because it's a high turn over company.

Interview Questions

• How long have work for a retail company   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Spring, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially I had a telephone interview with a recruiter that consisted of behavioral questions. Second interview was with the Store Manager. Very laid back interview. Talked about my management style and salary expectations. Third interview was with the District Manager. Talked about my resume, my management style, and other basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one the most important things to remember when managing people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview and hiring process were pretty average. I got hired quite a few months before they start doing the mass hiring for Halloween. I interviewed on a Thursday and got a call back with a job offer the following Wednesday. At my particular work location it was very nice until post Halloween.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Came into the store and seen a Hiring sign, so it places where we could leave our name and phone number. I filled out an application during Halloween time. I got a call back a week later to come in for a interview.

Online Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Party City (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It started with HR phone interview of 20 mins. Within two hours I got request for onsite interview. Had two onsite interviews. First, Onsite interview went for two hours and another for one hour. Interview was taken my three Directors and three Senior Managers. Mostly everything was from my resume. One of the director connected her laptop with projector and started asking for my inputs, kind of changes I would make and how I am going analyze the performance. Within four days I got offer.

Interview Questions

• There are few tasks which will keep repeating on daily basis, sometimes two three times in a day, are you fine that? And how would you manage multiple projects at a time ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I was asked basic, common questions. I was asked if I had any experience in a party planning as well as experience in customer service/ handling money/cash register experience. my interviewer was friendly & patient. It was over all a pretty good experience. quick, easy and although I declined the job offer, i would consider working there in the future.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

it was really easy only lasted about 10 minutes. it was very easy when applying too it only took 5 minutes. We didnt sit down and talk we stood and talked and she interviewed me and i got the position

Interview Questions

• they asked 1 question, if i ever ever hosted a party? and what are the main things you need for a party ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call about a few weeks later. When I got there I started right away with no interview. the only thing they asked me was when would I be able to start working.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for an interview. I was asked to "tell me a little bit about yourself." And if i could stand and lift. I was then handed the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Can you climb to the top of the store on a ladder?   1 Answer

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY).

Interview

she just asks about flexibility and availability and she asks how did i hear about them she adked was i in school i said yes she explained that the position was temporary and after the first week of november the job would be over

Interview Questions

• do you have reliable transportation   1 Answer