Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

1.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I was asked basic, common questions. I was asked if I had any experience in a party planning as well as experience in customer service/ handling money/cash register experience. my interviewer was friendly & patient. It was over all a pretty good experience. quick, easy and although I declined the job offer, i would consider working there in the future.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

it was really easy only lasted about 10 minutes. it was very easy when applying too it only took 5 minutes. We didnt sit down and talk we stood and talked and she interviewed me and i got the position

Interview Questions

• they asked 1 question, if i ever ever hosted a party? and what are the main things you need for a party ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call about a few weeks later. When I got there I started right away with no interview. the only thing they asked me was when would I be able to start working.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for an interview. I was asked to "tell me a little bit about yourself." And if i could stand and lift. I was then handed the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Can you climb to the top of the store on a ladder?   1 Answer

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY).

Interview

she just asks about flexibility and availability and she asks how did i hear about them she adked was i in school i said yes she explained that the position was temporary and after the first week of november the job would be over

Interview Questions

• do you have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Interview

They rushed thru the interview basically used me for the seasonal poison told me I will stay they lied they let me go right before Halloween pay is bad 9.00 a hour paid every two weeks

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available ? Which don't matter cause they still give you hours you can't work   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

I applied online and they called about a week later, where I interviewed they didn't really need or want me to call to "check on my application". She asked if I could come in and I got there and we sat down and she asked about one question and then just talked to me about non work related stuff and asked if could start that next Monday.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Millbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Millbury, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

pretty smooth, private interview. I found out right after the interview was over I got the job and they would let me know when I was working which was that following week. there was no drug test just a background check beforehand. the interview lasted no longer that 20/25 minutes

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Corpus Christi, TX).

Interview

It was a group interview and didn't really asked us any questions. They just showed us around the stores and different roles they were. Then they gave us the paperwork and the Party City handbook. When I was hired, all I did was zone merchandise and assist customers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City in October 2016.

Interview

I was hired on the spot and wasn't asked any questions. Though the manager did go on for 20 minutes about football. I was prepared for many different interview questions, but not football. The manager was really nice though, and made me feel at ease and comfortable. It would have been a good conversation except I don't like football and I only understood less than one-third of what he was saying.