Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Party City Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

1.8

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

First I got a phone call from the manager which lasted a few minutes. She asked if I was available for interview the next day
    One of the assistant managers was the one who interviewed me (the interview was held in the backroom)
    Interview was brief - no more than 8 questions
    Basic questions such as tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, what are three words to describe you, etc.
    Since I applied for a seasonal position they asked me Halloween specific questions

Later they call you another time to let offer you the job position

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Naperville, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Went in for a interview that was about 10 min long. Took a assessment test. Was told when i would have a phone interview. The following day had the phone interview

Interview Questions

• When was i available to start   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hialeah, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (Hialeah, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

They were doing this thing with questions about me and I had to answer them over the phone and then I had to call them back and they interviewed me in person up close and personal

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Came in a few minutes early, waited for a bit, and then manager came and we shook hands. We headed to the back for the interview. It was very casual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be confident, speak loudly, make eye contact, and make sure you thank them.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

It was very short and they had easy questions. They just brought me to the back and asked me a few questions about my resume and customer service. Then they said ok they will call me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad at all. I applied online and a week later, I was called for an interview the next day. The manager just basically went through my resume and asked questions from it and he made casual conversation so I was relaxed and comfortable. None of the interview questions were hard, they were very simple and was very easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Can you provide/have you provided customer service?
      Have you ever had experience handling cash?
      Are you afraid of balloons?
      Are you allergic to latex?
      Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Party City (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The entire interview was less than five minutes. I didn't learn until I got the call for the interview that the manager was someone I went to school with. I was still called in nonetheless. I was asked only three questions: can you drive, are you available on the weekends, and are you currently in school. I was hired on the spot.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Snellville, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

it was a very quick interview, they got back with me within 2 days. the drug test and background results took up to a week for me to hear about anything.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Hiring process straight forward for any job with this title or responsibility. DM, regional and HR are the main 3 you interview with. DM was in person. Regional was a Webex and he was via phone.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions control shrink, managing others, how to stimulate growth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Greenfield, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy. It was conducted in person, as well as online. We even spoke 1.1 on the telephone. The general manager is a very kind person and wonderful to work for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself?   1 Answer