Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Party City Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

1.8

Retail Associate Interview

Interview

its was about 35 mins long , i did a qustionare, and also went over rules and a few jobs i may have around the store, talked with curtis about my schedule and went back home

Interview Questions

• have i worked in a store before to were i can handle customers mad or regular   Answer Question

A Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockleigh, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Rockleigh, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was typical and it was a good experience to begin with. I was not offered the role but that is okay, you don't get them all. What is not okay is not responding to my follow-up emails and voice mails a few weeks later. The interview was many, many months ago and they still haven't told me I was not getting it. I understand not responding to everyone who applies but to ignore people you've actually met with is wrong. It makes me wonder if they treat their employees with no respect as well.

Corporate Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City (Rockaway, NJ).

Interview

Applied online and a few weeks later an HR rep called with a few questions and then scheduled an in person interview for the following week.

I went into corporate office and the hiring manager had a different idea of what the job entailed compared to the actual job description. She was brief, kept looking at her watch and didnt even try to understand my background before ushering me into the VP's office. He was even worse, asking unreasonable questions that also didnt pertain to the job.

Not sure I'd want to work there even if I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Party City in October 2015.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter, asked me basic qualification questions, call last about 10 minutes. Next was a call to set up an interview with regional HR. Interview lasted 1 1/2 hours, he asked me more in depth questions about my retail background and skills. Finally was an interview with the local DM, lasted about 45 minutes just asking me about my management style and retail background. Got a call with a job offer the next week. Whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was asked what salary I would be comfortable with and immediately came back at me with what they could offer. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City (Richardson, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

They call less than a week, after the call they schedule an interview for the next day is really easy ones you get the interview and the interview is casual like a one on one conversation they talk to you like if they already knew you. Be confident and make them see you really want to work.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future?
      What roles can you do?
      What would you like to do on the store?
      Your currently on school?
      How many hours are you looking for?
      1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Party City (Monrovia, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called 11 days later to set up an interview, it was really easy and the manager was nice, he told me I was hired on the spot and to come back 4 days later for training and a 5 or 8 hour shift (the extra 3 hours were optional)

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Bowie, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

They interview Process was excellent. I went in praying that I met the requirements for the job and I did. We went over the basics and what my position was.

Interview Questions

• They asked for my availability.   1 Answer

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Party City in October 2015.

Interview

I was asked very simple questions. The whole interview process felt more like a general small talk conversation than a real interview. It was very easy was hired on the spot. However, I didn't accept I had an interview for set up for somewhere else that I would have rather worked at.

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Party City (Richmond, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview. I was asked about my experience and how I handle customers. I also was asked how I'd sell a costume to a customer. Which accessories I'd suggest to them. Then the manager told me he'd like to make me an offer and I accepted the offer and that my orientation would be that Sunday at Noon and I needed to be in uniform. Overall it was probably the quickest interview I've ever done. I just wish it could've been permanent and not just seasonal.

Interview Questions

• What items would you sell to a customer who wants a witch costume?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

He only asked for my social security card and I started working.. After thhat he asked what days can I work and what times would I be able to work.