Party City Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

1.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Party City (Monrovia, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called 11 days later to set up an interview, it was really easy and the manager was nice, he told me I was hired on the spot and to come back 4 days later for training and a 5 or 8 hour shift (the extra 3 hours were optional)

Halloween Part-time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a month later, got a call and went to the interview didn't take long only 15 minutes. I was asked why I wanted to work there, what did I dress up for halloween last year and if you can work well with customers. Was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for party city?
      What did you do last halloween?
      Mainly questions about customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Party City (Monrovia, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Did the online application. There was an assessment afterwards. It took me about 40 minutes to take it. Got a call a week after. The interview was fast. They asked to fill out a form with job history , references and work availability.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Laguna Niguel, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview was with the assistant manager who was very nice in the back of the store. Was really quick, probably only about 15 minutes total. He asked basic interview questions, in addition he had me pretend to sell him Halloween products/ costume accessories etc. and asked about my availability and any previous experience I had. Process only took one interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City (Burbank, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was very awkward and you sit in a table located IN the sales floor, where customers can see you being interviewed as they shop around. The questions were so bland like, "Do you like helping people with parties?" and "How many times do you go out in a month?"
    I really did feel like the hiring manager was just throwing random questions at me and in the end, I got hired.
    After I got hired, in about... maybe, a week: I was called in to the break room where the new employees and I were made to watch a video about how the work area must be kept and how we can best help the customers. It contained a tutorial on lifting heavy items and heavy boxes, how to speak to customers without scaring them or making them feel uncomfortable, and how to clean up spills.
    The video was so old, it looked like it was made in the middle 80's

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time you had to take charge and supervise a certain amount of employees and if so, how did it go and what did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

Application

I interviewed at Party City (Monrovia, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume online, got a call to set up an interview. Got the job. The interview was like any other retail.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer who wanted you to do something out of store policy?   Answer Question

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (Lancaster, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I apply with Party City every year for their Halloween season. The application process is a bit lengthy but deviates slightly from the average boring/repetative application questions you experience with other companies. I personally found it entertaining because a lot of the questions focused on Halloween which happens to be my favorite holiday. I receieved a phone call (actually missed it at first) from my local Party City within a month of applying. They did not leave a message on my voicemail and I didn't know who they were. I returned the call and discovered it was Party City and the manager asked me to come in for an interview.

I was interviewed (one on one) within a few days. There weren't very many serious and/or difficult questions and much like the application a lot of them were kind of fun, mainly revolving around Halloween. Questions like what accessories might go with a pirate costume, etc. At the end of the interview, I was asked if I would be able to attend their training process the following Monday morning. I said yes and was pretty much hired at that point. I really wasn't expecting the interview to be as easy-going or to receive a response so quickly.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Brea, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I was brought into the manger's office after being help by the cashier at the front of the store. I sat 1 on 1 with the store manger and was asked a few brief questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to stand for long periods of time and deal with large crowds of people?
      How much experience have you had with a cash register?   Answer Question
    • What is your availabilty   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (Laguna Niguel, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

the interviewing process was not long at all. I would say I was in and out in about 30 min. the questions were not hard, just basic "what do you do on your spare time" " are you in school?" etc.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at party city   1 Answer

FT Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (Lancaster, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

The process took less than a week and consisted of two interviews; one with a store manager and the second with the district manager. The interview with the store manager was great. He asked questions to determine my managing skills and qualities while the interview with the district manager was a complete waste of time. He didn't seem to pay attention and gave me a feeling that I was wasting his time.

Interview Questions

• what actions would you take if an employee was consistently late?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate