Party City Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Party City Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Party City

1.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Party City (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I'm less than a week I was called to come in for an interview. That day they interviewed up to 20 people individually. The interview lasted 10 minutes. It was 2 workers, they reviewers my resume and asked me questions like " tell me about yourself" and "why did I apply" and what do I know about the company. They were kind of pleased I wasn't in school so I could provide a flexible schedule. They asked about my previous work experiences and asked if I could lift up to 30 pounds and if I was afraid of heights. Then proceeded to ask if I ever been to party city during Halloween because it's one of the most hectic months! You have to own it and be confident. They ended it with saying what the job would be I should expect a call within 2 weeks. I felt good about it. Now I'm waiting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Party City

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City (Sanford, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Very basic questions. Took about 30 mins. I was interviewed by a sales associate to answer basic questions. Then spoke to the manager to figure out availability. Got the job.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Lake Zurich, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I waited for about a month before they called me into the interview. I scheduled my interview with the General Manager and waited for the date to come. I arrived early, was then greeted by him and lead to the office. We talked for a good 15 minuets before he offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Katy, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

General manager does the interview. It’s short but lots of questions asked. The questions are easy and what’s normally asked. Other than that they are Halloween related and if you have any experience party planning. Although if you don’t it’s okay as long as you are willing to work and to learn you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you dress someone that wants to be a witch for Halloween?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greece, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Greece, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was very quick, but tense for me as that was my first interview , the manager Steve had gave me a quick review applicant sheet , he had greet me with a very nice manner and the employers that was walking by we're pretty friendly.

Interview Questions

• Can I move at fast pace on the activities I had to do   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Party City (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview for a part-time sales associate position. The interviewer kept asking me if I had any more questions to ask him. I did come prepared with a couple of questions because I was told that it would show the employer that I am interested in this job position. But when I thought the interview was almost done, he kept asking me if I had any more questions, so I had to come up with some questions on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

It took about 3+ weeks after I turned in an online app. Manager called me for an interview the next day. It was an easy Interview, just was asked a few typical retail questions. I was offered the job on site.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was easy and quick. When in talk to a supervisor. Interview was quickly took less than an hour. Supervisor was very friendly and warm. Hired me on the spot

Interview Questions

• what made you apply for this position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Went there to fill out application in person and listed nights and weekends as my availability knowing it was a long shot but figured matbe they did stocking or something at night to have full hours. Was called in for an interview that was pretty simple and more of the manager talking about the job than asking me questions. After he saw my availability he pretty much told me that it wouldnt work for him.... I kinda wish he would've checked what I clearly wrote on the application before calling otherwise simple interview

Anonymous Employee in Forestville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Forestville, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and easy. Got the job on the spot. It was more of a casual conversation than an interview. Was told to come back in a couple of days to start the training process

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone stealing?   1 Answer