Pasadena Independent School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pasadena Independent School District

Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pasadena Independent School District (Pasadena, TX).

Interview

First applied to the district alternative certification program. Interviewed and credentials reviewed and accepted into program. Was put onto waiting list until positions were available. When jobs opened I first went to one interview and not hired. Scheduled second interview and offered position same day.

Interview Questions

• What, if any, experience do you have in the district?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pasadena Independent School District in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy, I applied online then got called within a week or so and started working shortly after. You must have at least 60 hours of college hours and a clear background check. After you meet the requirements and as long as there is an opening you should get hired.

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pasadena Independent School District (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I had to interview with the principal, the head of my department, and the Gifted and Talented coordinator. They were all very polite and punctual, and made me feel very welcome.

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pasadena Independent School District (Pasadena, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Overall fair and average teaching interview. Interviewed with Principal, grade level teacher, counselor, and assistant principal. Whole process from interview to notice that they went with another candidate took a day.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite childhood book and why? What would a math block look like in your room?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pasadena Independent School District (Pasadena, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

You are interviewed by the principal and one to two others, generally a counselor or assistant principal. They ask you about teaching style, and tell you about the district and the campuses approach to education and if you can perform the job accordingly.... On the whole a typical teaching interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pasadena Independent School District in July 2010.

Interview

Applied online for an open position. I provided five references and references were sent a detailed survey before I was even called. Good thing they were good friends! Received a call for a group/panel interview. Questions were pretty normal for an accounting position. They want to know that you are familiar with the purchasing process. After the interview, my immediate supervisor was called and interviewed about me in detail. They asked her questions about my work habits, absenteeism, dress, etc. I also had one additional phone interview from another bookkeeper at another high school that turned out to be my trainer once I was hired.

Interview Questions

• If you noticed someone at a higher level than yourself was doing something that was against policy, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once I was offered the position, I had to provide salary letters from all previous employers and copies of my college transcripts. The more I was able to provide the better my salary was so I was all over that!