Pason Systems Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Pason came to my university for the career fair, where I handed in my resume. Then I got two rounds of phone interviews, and finally the onsite interview. During the interview process, their manager directly contacted me, and confirmed the schedules with me. The first phone interview is about software engineer basics, the second one is coding.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through career services at university. Was contacted a couple weeks later for an interview. Interviewed with two very friendly people who not only showed me what the job involved but gave a short tour of many different departments at the company. The Pason environment seems like a great place to work, with lots of sport activities and things like that. The job itself was not a good fit sadly. Interview itself was reasonable with applicable personal questions and a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical question: draw free body diagrams of a statics diagram that could be used to solve for weight on bit.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Typical interview process. They asked mostly behavioral questions but they seemed to focus on what side projects you have accomplished. Did not ask any technical questions. Overall a good experience with the interview. Make sure to know what you have on your resume.

Junior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Standard interview process. There were set of standard technical questions regarding software development. Also code analysis question to determine bugs. Also had to write code for specific scenario. The rest of the interview as about determining if I am suited for working on the team and getting a glimpse of what I will be working on.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call, then in person interview with discussion of a follow up. Got email for follow up that we retracted over night with no response to me email query.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pason Systems in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process contained a behavioral and a technical portion, they seem to care more about the amount of hands-on experience you have instead of your technical knowledge. Asked the typical behavioral questions, and some simple technical questions

Modeling and Control Systems Interview

Interview

Telephone interview. First introduce yourself, talk about your experience and skills. Sometimes you need to explicitly explain the techniques and skills you applied to the projects you did.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

This is a very professional company, they handled all the details allowing me to focus on the interview.
    It started with a phone interview covering previous experience, education and workplace skills. Pason's HR did an excellent job of describing the position and what is required to be successful. They were happy with phone interview and arranged in-person interview within 2 weeks; taking care of every detail to fly me to Calgary. I found the experience to be professional, well planned and considerate of my comfort and convenience.

Interview Questions

• Questions were well thought out, and dealt with all aspects of experience, skills, and behaviour. There were no real difficult questions for someone who answers honestly, the job requires long hours in remote areas. The questions related to someone's behaviour and work place safety in this type of environment. They were very informative and answered all questions posed to them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Friendly. Consists of behavior questions which are pretty standard. That is followed by technical questions related to things you probably would have seen in school. There was a group of 3 people asking questions. After the interview there was a tour of the office and labs which was great.

Technical Communicator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Rhe hiring process was pretty simple. The interview was a two interview process. The interview with the manager I found out later was full of misrepresentations. If I knew what the situation really would have been like I wouldn't have taken the job. From not being honest about the management style to not being honest on the philosophy of the department, it created a rude awakening when the real behavior came out. It wasn't long (3 weeks) before I decided that this department was not a department I wanted to work in.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Touchy. A figure that was quoted in the interview was "changed" in the negotiation process and I did not get what I was hoping to get.