Patch Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Patch (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a three step process. After I had submitted my resume, a social media manager contacted my via email with a social media proficiency test. After the test, I went in for two short interviews where I had to prove my basic experience with social media.

Interview Questions

• What is your education background?
      What experience do you have with social media?
      What is your energy level?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Patch (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted after sending in my resume in response to an advertisement, and I was granted an interview with some of the most senior people at the company. The process was very efficient but I had to go in a few times for various interviews because there were questions about my qualifications for the position. The office and staff was small for an outlet with readers across the country. It seemed that I was ultimately not offered a position because there was internal confusion about whether the company would benefit from more interns.

Interview Questions

• I'm the chief of police giving a press conference about a crime. Ask me questions to get the most information out of me for your article about the event for Patch.com   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patch (New York, NY).

Interview

I was hired as a contract worker, I had one phone interview and that was it, they were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What do business owners value the most?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was through a temping acency

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Patch (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a quick process the team was positive when interviewing and I enjoy the conversation and honesty of the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were a set of question to be required to ask I thought it was a good use of brain skills to come up with the answers for these questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

A recruiter from linkedin contacted me based on a position I had applied for. After a 45min interview, which I thought went well, he told he will get back to me. The interview as such with the recruiter was decent. He seemed to ask the right questions and listened to what I had to say. What got me annoyed is the follow up process. Weeks after that telephonic interview, he did not contact back to say a yes , no, and if the position got filled or not. No response to the emails I sent. Extremely unprofessional. I am glad I am not working with a bunch of people who don't value the time of others.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Patch (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR to discuss basics such as my background and salary requirements then met the Sales Manager and a rep in the office. After that I had to do a mock sales call with a Sales Manager with which I was given no background for.

Interview Questions

• The mock sales call was very difficult. I think that is where I went wrong. I didn't know if I was suppose to make up the information or if I didn't know the information say that I will "ask my manager"   Answer Question

Local Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patch (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I felt very uncomfortable as the person interviewing me was looking me up and down. I accepted the job under the condition that the manager told about the incident would do something about it. However, turns out their company does all sorts of this 'related stuff' all the time in order to get information they aren't supposed to have. Totally disgusted. All of this other detail, I just found out recently! I totally understand that they could and ARE involved in illegal activity which is getting them sued!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Patch (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Terrible interview process, no response after the first interview on the status of your position. Seems unorganized

Senior Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Patch (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

My initial contact with Patch was excellent. The HR person was friendly and conducted the initial phone interview very professionally. We set up a time for me to come into the offices and meet with several employees. I was interviewed by 3 individual people: Web designer, Front-end developer and Product Manager. Everyone was friendly and eager to talk about their experiences at Patch. They asked a lot of questions referencing my resume and welcomed questions back.

The Product Manager was very open and honest about the position I was interviewing for and showed a genuine interest in making sure I was a good fit for that position.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you might be bored with the position? A lot of what will be expected is to "make something pretty"?   Answer Question