Pathway Genomics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pathway Genomics Interview Questions

3.4

R&Amp; D Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics.

Interview

I was contacted by the senior scientist that would be in charge of me should they offer me a position. She had no passion in her voice about her job and was cold towards me in my responses. It was as if she just wanted to get the interview over with so she could get on with her day.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics.

Interview

Very polite people. Be prepared to answer hundreds of questions on OOP, PHP, SQL, Javascript, jQuery, CSS, and frameworks on both client and server side. It's an intensive test. Not sure if they give much credit to what you have accomplished, or can accomplish, or your problem solving abilities. They're quick in making a decision.

Appeals & Follow Up Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview was relaxed and to the point. The hiring supervisor and director at the time were super nice, laid back and didn't make you feel like they were waiting for any given moment to pounce on you or put you on the spot. That itself made me relaxed and easily talk about my qualifications.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to work as a Senior Software Engineer with a specific language on PHP. Then a more senior level called me for an interview. I was presented by the recruiter as a 92k salary and they did fix my resume for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe to them in real world the use of Parent Class and Child Class   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process so far was handled in a very professional manner.
    I interviewed with both a department manager and human resources. So far, everyone I have come in contact with at Pathway Genomics has been very professional.
    I initially had a telephone screen and then was asked to come in for an in person interview.
    I have a second interview scheduled next week.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe how my most recent experience at (my current company) would allow me to contribute to Pathway.
      They also asked me job specific questions based on the position I was being interviewed for (Software Engineer).   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Started being interviewed by two of their current QA Engineers. After about 45 minutes, the project manager and a software engineer joined in and asked question from the perspective of their positions. Finally, was joined in by the Director of Engineering who pretty much explained his expectation for the position and asked me if I had any questions. By they point, the process took a more relaxed, conversational tone.

Interview Questions

• The two QA engineers focused a lot on my knowledge and skills of quality assurance with question about different testing methodologies (white box vs black box), testing types (acceptance, functional, destructive, boundary, etc..), agile vs. waterfall, validation vs. verification and so on. The program manager focused more questions to determine my fit with within the team with inquiries about my being a team player, how well I work with others, dealing with priorities, time management, etc... The software developer challenged me to show him how my work would help him turn out better code.   Answer Question

Node Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics in June 2015.

Interview

I conducted a phone interview with JR and Jaime regarding their immediate need for a seasoned Node developer. While, ultimately, I did not get the position due to lack of experience on my part, I thought the interviewers did a good job of assessing my skill set. They were both approachable and made me feel comfortable with the process. JR did a good job of describing the position and Jaime followed up with appropriate technical questions. I got the impression that they were making good architectural decisions on the project they are working on and I will casually keep an eye on the forthcoming products.

Interview Questions

• The question I was unable to answer: the difference between .call() and .apply().   Answer Question

Cls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email and asked to come in for an interview the following day. The Interview Team approached me with very grim faces. Right off the bat, it was off to a bad start. The one lady (who is retiring soon) was gracious. The other two were rude, one left early, and the other was very domineering and condescending (they still work there.) The questions they asked were very loaded and somewhat eerie and spooky. I tried to turn everything into a positive, but was hardly given a chance to explain my skills with all the negative paths they were trying to take. It seemed they wanted to end the interview early and would not let me explain my accomplishments. Why did they even ask me to come in in the first place? When asked why I was denied a position, they all simply ignored me. Weird!

Interview Questions

• What do you do to other difficult employees that that made him or her act that way towards you?   1 Answer

Accounting and Payroll - I Wanted the Job But Didn't Get IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with 4 people accounting staff. Also, met with HR in a nice Conference Room. The staff was nice and talked a lot about the accounting and payroll position. I have the experience for the position but I haven't heard from them so I don't think I got the job but I really wanted it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I felt based on my experience and what they are requiring for the position did I feel I could exceed in the role.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Original phone screening was pretty standard:
    They asked questions like, if you had a number between 1 and 1000 how many tries would it take to get it right, about MVC, and other patterns. They also asked about SDLC and other things relating to development (including code versioning/repositories) etc.

A few days later, the in-person interview:
    Receptionist was not so friendly. I tried to make small talk but she was more interested in playing with her cellphone.

Interview Questions

• After the interview started:
      Asked highlevel development questions, what would you use an adapter pattern for, what different patterns do you have experience with, what function would you use for...etc.   1 Answer
    • Asked to solve two problems: Write a function that translates time to degrees on a circle, and solve an interview 2.0 problem.   Answer Question

They ultimately low-balled the offer.