Pathway Genomics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pathway Genomics Interview Questions

Interviews at Pathway Genomics

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics.

Interview

I liked everyone I met in engineering and the team seemed friendly, although they were obviously frustrated, but my interview with the team went well. But towards the end they went and brought in the CBO, and that is where things took a turn down crazy street. She wanted to act smart, so she tried asking technical questions, but it was very obvious that the CBO had no clue what she was talking about. She was very insulting and demeaning to the engineers not in the room, talking about everyone like they are disposable and calling them names. Her questions were loaded, but were so obvious what she wanted to hear. When I was leaving one of the engineers filled me in on why she gets involved with engineering interviews since I questioned why this person who obvious had no clue what she was talking about came into the room. Even during the interview stage it was very obvious the employees had a very negative opinion of her and that she is not capable of doing her job. Wish I never accepted this job, the CBO has ruined everything about this department and company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time at your current or past employer that you had to do several people's jobs?   Answer Question

Pathway Genomics Response

Sep 12, 2017 – Pathway Genomics Team

This post is clearly an attack on the company's CBO. The CBO does not do engineering interviews.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

This turned out to be the most unprofessional interview experience of my career. The executives were very clearly looking for a top-notch, experienced attorney but didn't want to pay market value, in salary or benefits. After an offer had been made, they asked me to lay out my requirements regarding the finer details of comp and employment structure. I provided market research and some suggestions. After a month of interviewing and discussions, as well as having passed on another job, they blew me off. and I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• They repeatedly asked me to tell them how I wanted the arrangement and compensation structured.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Horribly unprofessional. Pathway portends to want the candidate's feedback when in reality they are looking to underpay employees and are simply searching for the candidates who won't notice or won't care.

R&Amp; D Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics.

Interview

I was contacted by the senior scientist that would be in charge of me should they offer me a position. She had no passion in her voice about her job and was cold towards me in my responses. It was as if she just wanted to get the interview over with so she could get on with her day.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics.

Interview

Very polite people. Be prepared to answer hundreds of questions on OOP, PHP, SQL, Javascript, jQuery, CSS, and frameworks on both client and server side. It's an intensive test. Not sure if they give much credit to what you have accomplished, or can accomplish, or your problem solving abilities. They're quick in making a decision.

Appeals & Follow Up Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview was relaxed and to the point. The hiring supervisor and director at the time were super nice, laid back and didn't make you feel like they were waiting for any given moment to pounce on you or put you on the spot. That itself made me relaxed and easily talk about my qualifications.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Started being interviewed by two of their current QA Engineers. After about 45 minutes, the project manager and a software engineer joined in and asked question from the perspective of their positions. Finally, was joined in by the Director of Engineering who pretty much explained his expectation for the position and asked me if I had any questions. By they point, the process took a more relaxed, conversational tone.

Interview Questions

• The two QA engineers focused a lot on my knowledge and skills of quality assurance with question about different testing methodologies (white box vs black box), testing types (acceptance, functional, destructive, boundary, etc..), agile vs. waterfall, validation vs. verification and so on. The program manager focused more questions to determine my fit with within the team with inquiries about my being a team player, how well I work with others, dealing with priorities, time management, etc... The software developer challenged me to show him how my work would help him turn out better code.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process so far was handled in a very professional manner.
    I interviewed with both a department manager and human resources. So far, everyone I have come in contact with at Pathway Genomics has been very professional.
    I initially had a telephone screen and then was asked to come in for an in person interview.
    I have a second interview scheduled next week.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe how my most recent experience at (my current company) would allow me to contribute to Pathway.
      They also asked me job specific questions based on the position I was being interviewed for (Software Engineer).   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to work as a Senior Software Engineer with a specific language on PHP. Then a more senior level called me for an interview. I was presented by the recruiter as a 92k salary and they did fix my resume for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe to them in real world the use of Parent Class and Child Class   1 Answer

Node Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics in June 2015.

Interview

I conducted a phone interview with JR and Jaime regarding their immediate need for a seasoned Node developer. While, ultimately, I did not get the position due to lack of experience on my part, I thought the interviewers did a good job of assessing my skill set. They were both approachable and made me feel comfortable with the process. JR did a good job of describing the position and Jaime followed up with appropriate technical questions. I got the impression that they were making good architectural decisions on the project they are working on and I will casually keep an eye on the forthcoming products.

Interview Questions

• The question I was unable to answer: the difference between .call() and .apply().   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pathway Genomics (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy and straight forward, with just one short phone interview and one also relatively short in person interview with the lab manager and director . Questions were easy and direct, but I was just hired to be a clinical technician workhorse, so not too much scrutiny there, just had to show that you were decently competent.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with the monotony this job will bring?   1 Answer