Patina Restaurant Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.2

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Had several great interviews and sounded like an awesome company. However, a little turned off when I did not receive a response regarding my status. A couple weeks later I received an email stating I was not in consideration, which is perfectly fine but given the fact I continued to have in person interviews with no negative feedback a turnoff phone call would have been the least they could do.

Busser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group.

Interview

Attended a hiring event and was promptly interviewed by a manager. Interview was focused on your duties, mostly gauging how you react emotionally to what your allotted. At the conclusion of the interview the manager informed me of a background screening. Two weeks later I got a call that my background screening was completed and offered me the job.

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was quick, heard back in the same day via email. Interview process is easy. Hiring managers make the process easy and clear. Mostly over email once you get the job, and they answer back very quickly.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group.

Interview

Interview process was fairly standard. They have a recruiting manager, fairly good at interviewing. However like the rest of Patina's employees she has to much going on and her follow up and responsiveness is very poor. It took weeks to get back to me and they passed me along to several managers before finally placing me. The job I originally applied for was quickly changed so they could fill a spot that desperately need to be filled do to their poor decision making and reactionary nature.

Interview Questions

• They do more talking than listening. Lots of building themselves up, then they enjoy tearing you down a bit to see if you can take humility.   Answer Question

Cafe Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was very pleased with the professionalism and time allotted to the interview. I was given a tour of the facility and ample opportunity to ask questions. I received a follow up email within the appropriate time period.

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group.

Interview

Had a phone interview with Frank (Director of Recruitment and Training). Thought it went well. Very quick questions, some hypothetical's as well. Frank stated he felt we clicked pretty well and to send him some work samples. He said he would call me back in a week after he completed his other screens. He never called or emailed. Very disappointed, really wanted the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Explain proper execution of training steps of service in a full-service, upscale dining environment.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online contacted by receptionist to schedule Skype interview. First interview scheduled recruiting no call no show. Contacted for second and second was no call no show. Given excuse very busy opening but would like to invite me for in person at corp office. I arrive start interview then told I was interviewing for a different position that she couldn't even hire for. She said sorry but I don't have anything. Learn some professional protocol. Don't invite me for a job interview for a job that doesn't exist. Keep your appointments and communicate professionally!

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group (Anaheim, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was very quick and straight to the point. The interview lasted about 20 minutes (at the most) and revolved around the topic of how do YOU deal with stress and can you multi-task effectively while providing good customer service. Other basic questions that the interviewer mentioned were questions on why you would be a perfect fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• If you encounter a customer who is giving you a hard time, how do you "deal" with him?   1 Answer

Intermission Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The manager showed me the facility and asked if I would be interested in the position. We walked around the concert hall and he described what the job would entail. It is a very easy job with little potential for growth, so he basically wanted to see if that was okay with me.

Interview Questions

• The manager, when I worked there, didn't really interview me. He basically had me come in and talk to him about my experience and offered me the position.   1 Answer

Manager of Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group (New York, NY).

Interview

First, somebody from HR sent me an interview request by email. I agreed to it but then she told me it has to be in person. I was out of the country and thought the initial screening would be over the phone. She said it should be in person and scheduled me for an interview.
    When I arrived at one of their locations, they had no idea who I was going to interview with. After a few calls they figured it out.
    I sat down with an HR lady and she asked some random questions. Later on a man named Frank came over and asked me some more questions and walked away telling this other girl what she should drill on and do about my interview.
    She told me they were looking for someone with my training background and not a manager. I spoke with her, then she left to talk to the same man and told me they could not offer me the position because they wanted someone that was a manager instead. She offered me an MIT Program and by the way you get paid as the hourly position you are training. If you are training as a hostess you get paid as a hostess. Sorry but this was ridiculous and a huge waste of time for me. Please do a pre-screening and make up your mind!

Interview Questions

• The usual,
      Describe yourself
      What do you know about us?
      What's your careers aspiration   Answer Question

They offered me a different position as an assistant manager or an MIT program. They pay as the hourly position you would be training for 6-12 months. Sorry but there are other companies out here with much better offers.