Patina Restaurant Group Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

1.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cafe Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was very pleased with the professionalism and time allotted to the interview. I was given a tour of the facility and ample opportunity to ask questions. I received a follow up email within the appropriate time period.

Manager of Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group (New York, NY).

Interview

First, somebody from HR sent me an interview request by email. I agreed to it but then she told me it has to be in person. I was out of the country and thought the initial screening would be over the phone. She said it should be in person and scheduled me for an interview.
    When I arrived at one of their locations, they had no idea who I was going to interview with. After a few calls they figured it out.
    I sat down with an HR lady and she asked some random questions. Later on a man named Frank came over and asked me some more questions and walked away telling this other girl what she should drill on and do about my interview.
    She told me they were looking for someone with my training background and not a manager. I spoke with her, then she left to talk to the same man and told me they could not offer me the position because they wanted someone that was a manager instead. She offered me an MIT Program and by the way you get paid as the hourly position you are training. If you are training as a hostess you get paid as a hostess. Sorry but this was ridiculous and a huge waste of time for me. Please do a pre-screening and make up your mind!

Interview Questions

• The usual,
      Describe yourself
      What do you know about us?
      What's your careers aspiration   Answer Question

They offered me a different position as an assistant manager or an MIT program. They pay as the hourly position you would be training for 6-12 months. Sorry but there are other companies out here with much better offers.

Restaurant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

After the interview, I did not get a response until the month after and it seemed like they totally forgot that I even applied. When I emailed them asking for the status of my interview/application they gave me the job offer a few hours later.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

met with GM, went over my experience and what i was looking for. he then asked a couple of simple straight forward questions. i told him how i found the restaurant and i was looking forward to work there.

Interview Questions

• how long have i been bar tending   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I walked in three weeks before the opening of Stella 34. They hired me on the spot, I worked four days only then they fired me. I had previous experience and was working the easiest line position.

Negotiation

They dictated the pay.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patina Restaurant Group (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

This was your basic interview. Recruiter was 20 minutes late in meeting with me. Asked me "what are your strengths?" "what are your weaknesses?" etc. Very basic top ten interview questions. Followed by the interview was a skills test and a questionnaire that was to be completed online.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions - "tell me about yourself" "what do you know about us?"   Answer Question