Patni Computer Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Patni Computer Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems.

Interview

Basic interview questions related to SAP. Discuss past experience leading team and how to manage offshore team along with client facing. Technology related and how you dealt with offshore team not working in tandem

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems.

Interview

- 3 rounds of Interview:
    - Software Fundamentals, Algorithms, Data structures: linked lists, arrays, searching, sorting, trees.
    - OOPs concepts: objects, classes, STL, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Templates
    - In-dept questioning about your expertise, experiences
    - HR interview

Software Specialist Interview

Interview

Neutral with quick turn around. Took around 1 to 2 weeks from interview. 2 rounds of technical. One Sr. management and one HR. More discussion on leading capability and some on development.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

I met with the HR person at their Boston location for 45 mins for an informational interview.I met with the HR person at their Boston location for 45 mins for an informational interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baldwin Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Baldwin Park, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

I sent them an email thro a job website. Interestingly, they responded within a day or 2. The interview was setup in the next 2 days giving me very less time to prepare. However, with my past experience I was able to knock their socks off. The interview was fairly technical since it was with a Technology expert. Of course I was not able to answer some questions. But they understood that my skills were slightly differnet. I was able to answer everything from that side. I also had an interview with their client where they wre to place me. It all went well.

Interview Questions

• While unit testing your software, if you see the error - 'there is no line at position 0', how would you proceed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Stick to your numbers if you think you've done a good job with the test.
    Remember they're an Indian IT company. So you can't ask for too much either. with 5 years of experience about 70k and 2 k with every year thereafter is what I would expect
    Make sure you confirm that they will pay for relocation, temporary accomodation and travel expenses - WITH NO CONTRACT TO BE SIGNED.

Fresher Interview

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks.

Interview
    Took 15 days to complete my entire process.
    1. General Aptitude test.
    2. Technical round1.
    3. Technical round2.
    4. Technical Test.
    5. Technical round3 with senior management.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Resume was shortlisted after screening
    Technical test was conducted
    HR person called and fixed appointment for interview
    Technical interview followed by HR interview
    Few followups were required to get the result
    I was called for scenario based questionnaire.
    This was studied by a senior manager to understand how an individual would react to different situation.
    The same answer sheet was used by senior manager for the discussion. This discussion went on for 1 hour.
    Again I had to followup with HR few times to get the results

Interview Questions

• Technical round was fairly good and easy to clear. Scenario based questions had some tough questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Pune (India)).

Interview

This was long time ago when I was still in college.
    I was called at the company office in Pune. 2 rounds took place,
    The first round was was more on the basics of C programming.
    Later they did a psychometric test and then a HR round of interview.

Interview Questions

• Difference between structures and unions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

2 Telephonic interview
    1) technical discussion with few logical puzzles.
    2) managerial round from patni office but on call.
    3) HR discussion multiple time as I wanted base location as a Pune.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

I was hired through campus placement. I felt the interview was fairly relaxed and easy. There were some questions on my prior experience.

Negotiation

Salaries in Patni were not very competitive. That's one of the reasons why it had a very high attrition rate.