Patreon Senior Software Engineer, IOS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Patreon

1 Interview Review

Senior Software Engineer, IOS Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Patreon (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the recruiter, and then a technical phone interview with the hiring manager. I didn't get the information that the phone interview would be technical, so not prepared very well. But fortunately I made it to on-site. It took almost a month for them to schedule my on-site. So please be patient.

On-site was consist of three technical and two behavioral interviews. Technical interviews are architecture, code review and pair programming. If you have thought about how we can make the mobile app architecture better a lot, then you would have good advantage. Take a look at the GitHub pull request review process if you haven't used it. When you do the pair programming, try to describe your thought process as much as you can while you are thinking. there are no brain teaser questions or data-structure/algorithm questions. But you need to know the basic complexity like big O notation.

The biggest part of the Patreon culture is the empathy for creators I think. If you can show that reflected by your experience, that would help a lot. Read about company's mission and think about how that could align with you personal mission.

I really really like the interviewers during my interview. They were all very nice, kind and smart. I specially enjoyed the lunch time, where I could talk casually with employee even from other teams. They were so funny and nice, and that made me relaxed.

Patreon's mobile team is still pretty small and there are a lot of technical challenges and room to experiment. The team is really open to it. That's something you can't do at a big company. If that's your thing, you'd love to work here. Like I do now.

Interview Questions

• How would you architect a simple photo sharing app on iOS?   1 Answer