Patreon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Patreon Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Patreon

1.0

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Patreon in April 2018.

Interview

Everyone at Patreon loves the company and you can feel the energy. Interviews were thought out and interviewers were very welcoming. Seems like a great place.

Unfortunately their rejection process was poor. Partially because their interviewers are so polite, as a candidate it's hard to tell where you're doing well and where you're doing poorly. Combine that with the fact that they absolutely refuse to give any feedback it means that as a candidate, if you get rejected, you'll be hard press to know how to improve. Most companies will at least give a high level feedback of areas to focus on. After 10 hours of investment I would like to have something to show for it. For a place that values their creators and employees so much, this feels very thoughtless.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Patreon

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patreon.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a guy who had the most extreme case of "drinking the company kool-aid" I've ever witnessed. The interviewer told me that Patreon only hires engineers who strongly believe in Patreon's mission. Essentially their mission is to provide a platform for professional YouTube celebrities to get paid on a subscription basis by subscribers for posting their content to Patreon's platform. It's not a "mission" that any engineer actually cares about. Engineers are geeks who care about solving challenging engineering problems, learning about new tech, and geeky things like sci-fi. I opted to cut the interview short since this guy was obviously nuts and whoever is running the company is probably equally delusional. If you actually want a job here for some odd reason, make sure to keep up the charade that you deeply care about Patreon's mission.

Interview Questions

• Did you apply to this job because there was a good skills match or because you strongly believe in Patreon's mission?   2 Answers