Patterson Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Patterson Companies Interview Questions

Interviews at Patterson Companies

2.8

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patterson Companies.

Interview

Hires staff through employment agencies. Will wait 3-12 months to hire, IF they decide to. The questions were very basic; tell us about your work history, what are your pros, what are you looking for...

Interview Questions

• Generic type questions - keep in mind, the supervisors are hiring for jobs they don't know how to do.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Patterson Companies (Wilmington, MA) in September 2008.

Interview

Small add in local paper Monday, Faxed/ emailed resume. interviewed on Tuesday way overqualified for job, second interview with Offer on Wednesday , Started Friday. One weeks training and then Baptism by fire.

Interview Questions

• How do you treat an irate/ unreasonable client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations allowed. i was told they will "take care of me" in 1 year. After 1 year of almost top productivity I received handshake and thank you, no money. My bad for still working there.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, MN

Interview

Terrible interview. First she said she thought the interview was at 11. Then she forgot to email me the directions to the place, so I had to drive around looking for this place and calling her (she didn’t answer once). She looked very annoyed and disinterested in everything I had to say.

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Patterson Companies (Kent, WA).

Interview

Got a call and went in next day for an interview. Over an hour interview with the hiring manager and he acted like I was going to come back in to meet employees. Made it seem like I was already getting the job. Got called in for a second interview. Sat waiting for over 20 minutes, only to meet one employee for about 15 minutes and they interviewed me as well. Got a call that they didn't think I had enough experience. Misleading on how they think you are getting the job, was also questioning the respect they had as they had me sit and wait without saying anything. While I was there waiting observing, I noticed many employees acting unprofessional.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Patterson Companies (Boston, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

Initially I had a phone screen with the District manager. After that I had to take a personality test. My understanding is that if you don't "pass" that's the end of the interview process, regardless of your credentials. I then had a ride along with one of the reps to get an idea of a "day in the life". Act professionally on this ride along, regardless of how friendly the rep is, as they will fill in the hiring manager about you. After that it was a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Job offered at the end of the interview.

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Patterson Companies (Salem, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

The first step of the line is a "personality test" for which there are supposedly no wrong answers. This is not the case. Also, it was the most obscure test I have ever taken. As a sales person who has won multiple performance awards as a top producer, I guess I bombed the test and was put in the category of not having the skill set to be at Patterson. Deductive reasoning tells the they want a very specific, cookie cutter type of perosn here, which is a recipe for micromanagement misery. How about valuing the myriad of strengths that different personality types can bring to the table, and work on developing those unique strengths instead? I've never seen cookie cutter work for company morale or long term success.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for lots of math questions. For some reason they think you need to be a math whiz to succeed here. I was doing a high pressure, number crunching sales manager job at the time and hitting home runs for 5+ years but was totally perplexed!   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Patterson Companies (Kapolei, HI).

Interview

Pre-screening exam is difficult. It took almost 3 month to get an interview. Work atmosphere not enticing.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Patterson Companies (Mobile, AL).

Interview

I had to take a couple of written tests, and after that was called in for interview. The interview was pretty basic. Questions about good managers, bad managers, greatest accomplishments, ethical questions, weaknesses.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Patterson Companies (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

They did a phone interview. Then emailed me to schedule an in person interview, but never got back to me with that. Overall, it wasn't too bad. The interviewer was very friendly. Pretty basic questions about strengths/weaknesses, a lot of situational questions. They asked me what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work there.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Patterson Companies (Columbus, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

Called for an interview within a week of application. Offered job on the spot and began the following week. Very nice company & they promote from within. Supervisors are direct and don't pamper.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer