Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP.

Interview

I was interviewed by a litigation paralegal and corporate paralegal manager. There was a long list of behavioral questions -- they worked out of a packet with established questions in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you over-promised something and under-delivered.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview process. There are two interviews. They just want to know if you are vaguely interested in being a lawyer and if you can commit to the time. This doesn't mean they take everyone, so don't assume from easy interview that you will get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you balance multiple tasks with ranging priorities?   Answer Question

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

If you get an interview - you've already gotten the job. It is a formality.
    There is really nothing else to say. They have already vetted you for the job by the time you get the interview. This is not like Associate interviews

Interview Questions

• Experience related questions
      Pleasantries
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

The firm recruits through specific schools. You'll have one review off-site. You will then have a second round in the office. Interviews are very informal and have a collegial feel, which accurately represents the firm. They ask the basic questions, no surprises. Easy interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

Only had an introductory interview taken through a college. It was at a college fair with a multitude of other interviews, so wasn't exactly thorough. Only was about 15 minutes, standard questions asked from a sheet.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions going through the resume and then behavioral questions such as "when is a time you handled a problem in a group/team situation?"   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview took place in my college's campus. I met with two Paul Weiss employees (both paralegals) and they asked me some of the usual interview questions. It was a pretty relaxed interview in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      Have you taken the LSAT?/What score?
      How do you manage your time? Do you work well under pressure?
      Strengths/Weaknesses
      Answer Question

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college career portal. They held first round interviews in the career office on campus. I spoke with one paralegal and a supervisor of the paralegal team.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ability to multitask. Can you talk about a time you worked well in a group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Mostly behavioral, with questions meant to elicit reflections on your strengths, weaknesses, compatibility with the work flow and culture of the firm, etc. The setting is conversational, and you will do better if you come in happy, and establish yourself first and foremost as an affable and bright person. The HR staff know that you don't need to be a rocket scientist to do an intern's job--they want to select the best and most socially competent talent they can find.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult work situations with lots of expectations and strict deadlines?   1 Answer

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Interview

Two interviews -- one with paralegal manager & other paralegals, one with partner in charge of paralegals. I submitted my resume via their website and heard back within a week or two. I believe the process is different in NYC because they have more paralegals...I'm not sure that you interview with the other paralegals or a partner there, and they do more recruiting in general.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Standard interview questions with specificities about interest in the law, flexibility, and future plans (they like people who can stay at least two years).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

They come to several universities, mostly in the North for on-campus recruiting. They offer interviews on-campus and then in their offices. The interviewers were very friendly and overall I did not find the interview process difficult. They questions asked were straight forward and it sounds like if you're offered an interview, its a very good sign and at that point they're probably just trying to make sure that you would be a good fit at the firm. It's also a good opportunity for you to learn about what the job entails and to speak with other paralegals currently at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time you had to work on and prioritize several tasks?   Answer Question