Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy, and the managers and current paralegals were very friendly and accommodating. There was one on campus interview, and then around 2 weeks later, an in office interview in their New York Office. The overall experience was good and they responded quickly to emails.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP.

Interview

The campus interview was more of a behavioural interview and everyone was really nice. They were looking for people who would be able to handle a large workload that could sometimes get monotonous. Overall, it was a good experience and very professional.

Application

Interview

I was interviewed by a litigation paralegal and corporate paralegal manager. There was a long list of behavioral questions -- they worked out of a packet with established questions in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you over-promised something and under-delivered.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview process. There are two interviews. They just want to know if you are vaguely interested in being a lawyer and if you can commit to the time. This doesn't mean they take everyone, so don't assume from easy interview that you will get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you balance multiple tasks with ranging priorities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

My interview was pretty typical, though I wasn't really prepared at the time (interviewing just out of school/scared of interviewing in general). After submitting an application online, I had a phone screen with a recruiter who invited me to come in for an in person interview on the spot. It was set up pretty seamlessly.

At the actual day of, I met with the recruiter as well as two partners (Maybe one was business development?) at the firm. Each interview was one on one, back to back.

What really stuck out to me about the partners in particular was how warm and charismatic they were, especially in comparison to other interviews I've had. The questions were pretty typical and it was more like chatting for about an hour; in part because of how nice the partners were and despite of my terror, conversation flowed pretty well. I then took some sort of document review test across from someone who was interviewing for the same role as me--we death glared at each other the entire time. About two weeks later, I received a standard rejection email.

All in all, I enjoyed the interview process enough and I was impressed enough by both the firm and the people that Paul Weiss remains the only job I interviewed with right out of college that I regret not getting.

Interview Questions

• Why Paul Weiss?

What law?

What's your five year plan?

What do you think I think stands out about your resume?   Answer Question

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

If you get an interview - you've already gotten the job. It is a formality.
    There is really nothing else to say. They have already vetted you for the job by the time you get the interview. This is not like Associate interviews

Interview Questions

• Experience related questions
      Pleasantries   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

The firm recruits through specific schools. You'll have one review off-site. You will then have a second round in the office. Interviews are very informal and have a collegial feel, which accurately represents the firm. They ask the basic questions, no surprises. Easy interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

Only had an introductory interview taken through a college. It was at a college fair with a multitude of other interviews, so wasn't exactly thorough. Only was about 15 minutes, standard questions asked from a sheet.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions going through the resume and then behavioral questions such as "when is a time you handled a problem in a group/team situation?"   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview took place in my college's campus. I met with two Paul Weiss employees (both paralegals) and they asked me some of the usual interview questions. It was a pretty relaxed interview in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      Have you taken the LSAT?/What score?
      How do you manage your time? Do you work well under pressure?
      Strengths/Weaknesses   Answer Question

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college career portal. They held first round interviews in the career office on campus. I spoke with one paralegal and a supervisor of the paralegal team.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ability to multitask. Can you talk about a time you worked well in a group?   Answer Question