PayPal Customer Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayPal Customer Solutions Interview Questions

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview was at a hiring event held in Chandler. Many people attended making this take a couple hours before you were able to actually be interviewed briefly by one of the many interviewers. The one I met with was nice and wanted to know about customer service experience and how and if I had ever dealt with customer concerns. Very brief interview, maybe 5-10 minutes then you are walked to the reception area where your hand is shaken and they tell you that you will hear back either phone or e-mail within the next week.
Received the call within a week asking me back for a second round of interviews within a week. On the day of my second interview I had to wait almost an hour after my scheduled time to be called in for the interview. There were again many people waiting.
Resumes were needed for both, and many people were not told this and has not brought them to the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

They called me to do a phone interview, then told me to come in to do an assessment on the computer - passed that and interviewed with someone right after. Then told me they will be doing a round table meeting that would include a lot of people's resume. He told me I would be contacted in 24-48 via email?! Hopefully that means a good thing. We'll see. I am patiently waiting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, just the typical - nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PayPal (Omaha, NE) in June 2012.

Interview

After applying online via careerlink.com, I was contacted about a week later and had a phone interview with a recruiter consisting of reviewing my job history & experience, why I applied to Paypal and where I wanted to be in 5 years with the company. (Pretty basic questions.) The recruiter set up a time to come in & take a skills assessment the next day on campus. The skill assessment took about 45 minutes, which consisted of a typing test (wpm) and an internet navigation test. I found out that I passed the same day, and was instructed to come in the following day for a 1:1 interview. My interview went very well and she was very friendly, and she answered all the questions that I had for her. My interview lasted for 30-45 mins. Overall my experience was very positive!

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you've had to handle in your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online & a acquaintance informed HR of my interest in the company. HR recruiter called me for a telephone interview. She informed me of quite a bit of information which was exiting to hear and a 1:1 interview was scheduled. This interview included a skills test to test your computer knowledge as well as speed, which I passed. The 1:1 interview was with a different HR Sr. Recruiter who pretty much had not coordinated with the intiital telephone interviewer. He pretty much contradicted everything positive I had heard from my telephone interview.

Interview Questions

This company was very new the the Valley and the Sr. Recruiter left a a negative feeling about the company in general, using statements such as "they were just trying to fill seats". As exctied as I was about the opportunity to meet with the Hiring Manager I said NO thank you. I saw no opportunity for career growth and declined the final offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in December 2010.

Interview

Met PayPal at a job fair. They went to extra mile to meet and talk to people.

Filled out online application and sent in resume.

Came into their office, did a live interview, more paperwork and did a typing test 30 wpm and a internet explorer skills test. (You could try different things until you got them right) and did a 1 on 1 interview.

Then another phone call. Intricate Background check.

Job offer once the background check was done. Got the benefits package etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty to solve a problem or improve your work environment.   1 Answer
    • What type of management style do you like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very fair. Presented my experience and received top wages. Very transparent and cool.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied, got phone call inviting to job fair. Invited to do skills test...this involved IE6 questions and typing test and then one on one interview. Process over 2 week period of time.

Interview Questions

• Descirbe what you did when handling and angry customer   Answer Question
    • Give me and instance when very busy, what did you do when interrupted?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lavista, NE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PayPal (Lavista, NE) in November 2009.

Interview

I showed up to a job fair held at papal where I took a typing and computer knowledge test. Once passed they automatically schedule you an interview. I went in later that week where I did a one on one interview with a supervisor from customer solutions. She was very nice and laid back. She wanted to know about my customer service background and examples of difficult situations and how I solved them. I passed the interview process and went on for a background check that is scrutinizing. With absolutely no criminal background and being honest throughout the application process I was declined. So don't get your hopes up before you actually recieve a call setting up your schedule.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a fellow employee and how you solved the problem?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a customer who is very upset?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Omaha, NE) in January 2008.

Interview

After applying, it took about 30 days before I was called for an interview. At that point I was given a typing test before meeting with an interviewer in order to meet or exceed the words per minute typing requirement. Once in the interview room, I was 1:1 interview and was asked a series of questions both related to my experience per my resume as well as situational questions that do not necessarily apply to the job itself. One question was if a building was on fire, who would I save first? My answer actually was call 911 from the side rather than enter a fully engulfed building. At that point I was thanked for my time then called back for a phone secondary interview where I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• If a building was on fire, who would you save   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, I was not given any option to negotiate salary, hours, or anything. I was told "well we you do not qualify for this position, however, we have this one (which pays over 2.00 less but they do not tell you that) that we can give you instead." Overall it wasn't a great position to be in since there was no negotiating room at all.

Customer Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied trough a employee referral. I received a phone call from hr that was asking a few things and then explaining me to compile lots of forms online, especially the one of your previous background, that took forever. It's not just about your last 3 jobs, but all the jobs you had in a lifetime, or even in a previous one....same thing for the address you lived in and so on...with lots of details that you have to put in. After a week or two I went for the 1 . 1 interview with the hr person I spoke on the phone and the head of the section I was supposed to work with. The hr person over the phone lied to me on the flexibility of the shifts(I asked specifically if you could swap with colleagues and so on) with my visible surprise they were fixed! Such an experience to find out straight away that hr lied to you not even you're in the company, they avoided me the pain to find it out later on.

Customer Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2012.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview first, questions were like:
    - What’s your education background
    - Why did you apply for this job/want to leave your currant employer
    - What difficult/challenging situation did you encounter in your present role
    - Did you make any bad mistakes at work
    - Were did you see yourself in one year’s time
    - What qualities do you think required for this position