PayPal Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayPal Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at PayPal

2.6

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Was contacted directly by a recruiter to interview on campus. The interview was fairly standard, about a leetcode easy-med and a few questions about my interests. About a week later I was contacted by the recruiter to move onto the next round, saying I had passed the first interview.

Unfortunately, after following up multiple different times over a month long period, I did not receive ANY reply after that regarding next steps and was essentially ghosted by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal in November 2018.

Interview

Applied through handshake, got an email to schedule the interview two weeks later. The first interview was with two teams who were interested in my resume. Two rounds of phone technical interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out me for scheduling a phone interview.
    The interview consisted of a 1 - hour phone interview with a shared google doc. After a week I was approached with an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Java OO Theory (What is Inheritance, Encapsulation etc. ?)
      2. Data Structures Theory
      3. Valid Anagram Question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Austin, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me about a team in Austin, TX interested in my profile for an Internship Opportunity. I was scheduled for a 1-hr technical Skype Interview with an MTS-2 SWE. On the day of the interview, the interviewer asked my standard questions about my resume and a Java Coding question on a shared Google Doc followed by questions on Java Collections, Time and Space Complexities, etc. I was nervous and answered few questions incorrectly. After a couple of days, I received an email that I wasn't selected for the next round. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Optimized Two-Sum problem with better complexity   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

45 minutes discussion on your Resume and your projects. He ask some knowledge on your process, daemon, Javascript, Python and Distributed System. Overall there is no difficult part in this interview and there is no coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• OS / Distributed System / SQL / NoSQL   2 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Met the recruiter through a college career fair. Received two phone interviews. Both interviewers were friendly and helpful. However, I waited about a month to hear back after the last one (it coincided with Thanksgiving, but still).

Interview Questions

• Merge two sorted lists, merge k sorted lists, roman to integer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

First Round(Technical Round)
    Remember to keep your intro to the minimum , so that you have more time to solve the questions. I was asked a couple of questions on linked list. Almost all linked list questions can be done in O(n) so practice that.

Interview Questions

• Basic DS algo (Linked List )coding questions on shared document.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

There were two telephonic interviews. Both interviews were technical. In first interview i was asked few behavioural and 3 programs and in second interview some basic java concepts and one program

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

This has to be one of the worst interviews ever, the interviewer was interviewing me sitting on a sofa in a common area and it was just loud and distracting. Because he was sitting on the sofa, his laptop was on his lap and only the bottom left half of his face in in the camera entire time.
    He started the interview by shooting about 20 simple knowledge based questions at me then proceeded to ask about my experiences.
    When I think it couldn't be any worse, when I asked him a simple question on how the company culture was. He couldn't answer it, instead asked me what I looked for in culture and proceeded to respond "Yes, we have all those" I stopped asking question and finished the interview.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge questions,
      Simple programming questions + follow ups: reverse a word, reverse a string, reverse words in a string   Answer Question