PayPal Customer Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PayPal (Omaha, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

I received the first call which was basically going over the scope of the job and then setting up an phone interview. When it came time for the interview the HR person was late in calling and then proceeded to ask a series of questions. At that time she explained that she would go over things with a manager and contact me back. I got a call back the same day explaining that they wwould not have a hiring event for a couple of months out. I then received another call from HR asking me about my social media sites in which she explained that they were not going to go any further with me in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where metrics were involved and how did you measure?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I received and email from a recruiter telling me they are hiring bilingual customer solutions teammates. I sent him my resume and was scheduled for a phone interview. The day and time the interview was going to take place the recruiter never called. I emailed them back and they told me they are going to look into why i didn't receive a call that day and that they would reschedule my interview. fast forward couple off days and i haven't received any updates on the situation. Very unprofessional company, i'm not sure if it was just that specific recruiter or the company as a whole.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick stand-up interview on the first day, followed up with a recorded internet interview, followed up by phone interview, then followed up with an in person interview with two individuals. Reference and background checks followed and offer was then made.There were also security questions, designed to weed out the information you were providing (for instance, if you went to college, when, where, and for how long). Those checks went back to the background information to ensure you were being truthful. Remember, this company processes payments, so any background info that is not truthful or is incomplete will probably take you out of the running as a viable candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Hunt Valley, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for 2 positions at PayPal. One I did not receive and the other I was interviewed for. The interview started with an email that sent me a different application I was to fill out. Then after being accepted I received another email for a video interview. After passing the video interview I was contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter asked me a few questions about the position and told me about the scheduling and the job. Afterwards I was contacted by email from another recruiter where I was able to schedule an in-person interview at the PayPal offices. That interview went very smoothly and I made sure I asked plenty of questions to my interviewer, especially about what would be required for the position like goals and metrics. I was then contacted by email about a background check. Once I passed that I was offered the positon.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Paypal?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond the call of duty for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you did not follow the set rules of the organization.   Answer Question
    • What qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Recall a situation where you had to reach certain goals and was unable to achieve them.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview was at a hiring event held in Chandler. Many people attended making this take a couple hours before you were able to actually be interviewed briefly by one of the many interviewers. The one I met with was nice and wanted to know about customer service experience and how and if I had ever dealt with customer concerns. Very brief interview, maybe 5-10 minutes then you are walked to the reception area where your hand is shaken and they tell you that you will hear back either phone or e-mail within the next week.
    Received the call within a week asking me back for a second round of interviews within a week. On the day of my second interview I had to wait almost an hour after my scheduled time to be called in for the interview. There were again many people waiting.
    Resumes were needed for both, and many people were not told this and has not brought them to the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I did application online in April 2016. Was called for phone interview following week and then in person interview was scheduled for two days later. Interviewed with recruiter and then with a supervisor. Interview went really well and was told to check my email for background check info and next steps. I received the email for the background check 3 hours after my interview. My start date was supposed to be May 16th but it has since been changed to sometime in July. It's May 23rd and still the start date hasn't been solidified. Just waiting to hear something back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vista, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PayPal (La Vista, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was reached out to by PayPal's talent acquisition one day later. After a brief phone interview I was given a date and time for an in-person interview onsite.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were along the lines of 'explain a situation where you encountered an (angry, frustrated, confused, etc.) customer/situation and describe how you dealt with it. Another question was if I felt I should follow strictly by company policy regarding customer solutions, or do whatever is best for the customer, regardless of policy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application online. Received a call for an in-person interview. Received a call on the way home from interview saying they would like to move forward. 3 weeks later received a call asking me if I was still interested in the position and they were still putting things together (new CSR division). 2 months now and have not heard anything else. Not sure how long I will wait.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the last time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal (Omaha, NE) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy and thorough. The HR rep & floor managers I met with were very easy to communicate with.
    I've worked for large call centers previously & this company seems like it is well-managed & cares for it's employees.
    Honestly, if you cannot commit to work for the initial (up to, depending on experience)3 months of training, you should probably be looking for temp work.

Interview Questions

• What was a way you've had to go above & beyond for a customer in your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

They called me to do a phone interview, then told me to come in to do an assessment on the computer - passed that and interviewed with someone right after. Then told me they will be doing a round table meeting that would include a lot of people's resume. He told me I would be contacted in 24-48 via email?! Hopefully that means a good thing. We'll see. I am patiently waiting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, just the typical - nothing surprising.   Answer Question