PayPal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayPal Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal in May 2017.

Interview

The phone screens are not very organized. The recruiter tells that there will be only technical questions asked and no coding exercised will be given. However, the interviewer asked coding exercise. I think it is better to prepare for all possibilities.

Interview Questions

• He asked me a design question during phone screen (implementation). Since there were only 45 mins and he expected a working implementation I treated it like the normal coding exercise without going too much into various aspects of design details.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview for RCG position. Interview went well but still got a reject after a couple of days. Interviewer did not bother to introduce properly. Dived into shared editor after just 2-3 minutes of conversation.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on strings such as longest contiguous character, first duplicate character.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview 3 weeks later. The phone interview consisted of only technical questions and lasted about 40 minutes. It involved multiple questions regarding distributed systems and using threads to increase the speed of program execution.

Interview Questions

• How would you go through a document and tell me how many times a particular word occurs throughout the document?   1 Answer
    • If I gave you a large number of documents, how would you tell me the number of times a word shows up in all of the documents combined using multiple computers?   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Company background demo, Q&A. Then talk with 2 senior employee individually about your recent experience. Ask specific questions during this process. Have a lot of interaction. Then HR ask some questions about salary estimation and response period.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was arrogant and stubborn. He didn't try to understand my solution. Instead, try to make me use his solution (signs of a bad developer/interviewer) Bad experience! Culture is also bad. You need to be on-call all the time. I would not want to work here.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

All the interviews (phone screen and on site) were very sorted and systematic. Overall Good learning experience.
    Should be thorough with Linus , Unix, Vulnerability management and risk analysis techniques and tools.

Software Delivery Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

It was great, Basedon basics of JAVA and testing concepts. Mostly on resume and work experience. Asked few questions on datastructures. Behaviour round was why paypal why this role, challenges you had to face.

Interview Questions

• About my java projects and questions on spring MVC architecture   Answer Question

Fraud Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

It was a while ago. I think I had a phone interview, then in person after a typing test. In person wasn't too bad. Generic questions, mostly based on how i can handle stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to control a situation by yourself, and how did you do it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Very quick interview no a good interview for me I did not feel confident that I would get the job I felt rushed I will re apply in a few months hopefully it be be a more positive experience

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Interviewed for Front-End Developer Software Engineer Intern position. Had two rounds of interview. Both the interviews were on Skype. Do be prepared with leetcode coding. They asked me to share the screen and ensured that I pass all the test cases for the code I wrote on Leetcode.

Interview Questions

• First round: Asked about my resume. Was asked to solve coding on leetcode
      Second round: Drilled deep into projects that were mentioned in resume   4 Answers