PayPal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayPal Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied via career fair at school. Got called in for a on campus interview. The person interviewing me didn't care for much about my resume and we jumped right into a whiteboard coding question. He wasn't the friendliest and seemed condescending. Treated me like a senior student even though I was just a freshman, and wanted the most efficient code possible for questions.

Interview Questions

• Compare two strings and see if they have the same frequency of letters, in MAXIMAL efficiency.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I think they are specifically hiring only Indians. Because everybody on the interview panel was an Indian.

Some questions were simple LeetCode, others were very specific database and Linux questions. If I had known they would ask these questions, it would have been easy to prepare.

Like so many companies in Silicon Valley, these jobs are more for immigration than actual hiring.

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal (College Park, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

This was the first Round in which I was given the link to the Coding challenge on Hackerrank. There were 2 questions to be solved in one hour. Both could be solved by basic logic and knowledge of arrays.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter with the job description and a phone interview was setup in 2 weeks. The interviewer called me on time and he started the interview with the coding question and said we could discuss more if I had any questions in the last five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Find longest palindrome formed by removing or shuffling chars from string   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PayPal (Tempe, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted after speaking to them at the career fair. I had a 30 minutes technical phone interview followed by two 45 minutes in person interviews.The questions were standard java based and algorithms, and also from my resume.

Interview Questions

• Standard Java and design pattern based questions, projects from my resume, standard algorithms based coding questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PayPal (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Was very brief as if Jessica did not want to do the phone interview. Asked same questions over and then ended with a yeah ok we will probably email you with next process this company take any where from a few days to weeks to figure out if they want to hire you. Good luck to those who apply.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you did when a customer became angry and what you did to make them happy.   Answer Question
    • What did you do to make an angry customer happy.   Answer Question

Cloud Compute Engineer (MTS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very Horrible!... The team has no idea how to deal with candidates (esp experienced ones). Instead of escorting me to the interview room, they asked me to find a meeting room on some other floor on my own. One engineer was so very rude that I felt like I was talking to some DMV employee. The team is a bunch of egoistic and disrespectful people who think employees of other companies are dumb and nobody else is better than them.

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal in September 2016.

Interview

Had 1st round with senior manager and followed by 2 rounds of technical interview. Despite of giving correct answers for all the questions, They took 2 weeks to say that I got rejected without telling me any reason. This is something they have decided before even taking interview I believe. Not sure why they have conducted interview simply to reject.

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked on Core Java, Data Structure, Selenium.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I was asked several "how did you handle ______ situation" by two people plus 1 observer. It wasn't intimidating despite being interviewed by my future supervisor, his boss the manager, and the managers boss the group leader

Interview Questions

• Describe your work method when you're busier than normal   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A I took what they offered and liked it

Compliance Teammate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview and the following week had an in-person interview on site. The phone interview went really well and was very casual.... a 'getting to know you' session. The in person interview went well too. The interviewer was very nice and asked standard interview questions. Nothing too hard - we mainly discussed my current job and how it relates to the position. He also took time to go into detail about Compliance requirements.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty standard and answering the questions did not present a problem. I felt that I got along well with the interviewer and gave really good answers to any question that was asked of me. I did a lot of research on Paypal and was very excited for the opportunity to work there. I felt sure that I had a very good chance of receiving an offer.

After the interview, I sent correspondence to reaffirm my interest in the position and sent subsequent inquiries on the status of my possible employment. I was told once that decisions were still being made. I sent a couple more emails (once per week) and received no response. My final email was sent approximately 1 week ago and my contact told me that he had no idea what was going on. I stopped following up after that.

I am very disappointed that I never got an offer but I am also very disappointed that a company of Paypal's size and reputation did not give me any type of closure on this position. They never sent an offer letter nor did they send a rejection letter. There are no words for how this made me feel. I was left in limbo. I did not want to be rejected by Paypal, but if they decided they did not want me as an employee, the professional thing to do would be to send a letter stating that they have moved in another direction..... or something!
      Answer Question