PayPal Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

All the interviews (phone screen and on site) were very sorted and systematic. Overall Good learning experience.
    Should be thorough with Linus , Unix, Vulnerability management and risk analysis techniques and tools.

Fraud Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

It was a while ago. I think I had a phone interview, then in person after a typing test. In person wasn't too bad. Generic questions, mostly based on how i can handle stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to control a situation by yourself, and how did you do it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was approximately 4 hours and group panel. The interview types are STAR based as well as role play. There were no personal questions, or questions about personal background or experience overall. the interview environment is in a group setting. The group setting has no impact on the interview process That consisted group activity on scenario based survival. For example, in a plane crash what would you do? The questions were irrelevant to business environments and was a waste of personal time. There was a tour of the facility and shown amenities. Bulding itself was updated and personnel were nice. After interview took about 5 days and received denial email, no other information was provided.

Interview Questions

• What survival strategy do you have in a plane crash?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to assist customer with a billing question?   Answer Question

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, took about 15 min to complete. A hiring agent will first contact you via email and set up a time for you to do a phone interview. Once they ask their questions they send your answers to their hiring managers who will then decide to follow up and schedule you for a group interview.

Interview Questions

• What is some of your previous work history that will help make you successful in this role?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PayPal (Tempe, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted after speaking to them at the career fair. I had a 30 minutes technical phone interview followed by two 45 minutes in person interviews.The questions were standard java based and algorithms, and also from my resume.

Interview Questions

• Standard Java and design pattern based questions, projects from my resume, standard algorithms based coding questions   Answer Question

Compliance Teammate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview and the following week had an in-person interview on site. The phone interview went really well and was very casual.... a 'getting to know you' session. The in person interview went well too. The interviewer was very nice and asked standard interview questions. Nothing too hard - we mainly discussed my current job and how it relates to the position. He also took time to go into detail about Compliance requirements.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty standard and answering the questions did not present a problem. I felt that I got along well with the interviewer and gave really good answers to any question that was asked of me. I did a lot of research on Paypal and was very excited for the opportunity to work there. I felt sure that I had a very good chance of receiving an offer.

After the interview, I sent correspondence to reaffirm my interest in the position and sent subsequent inquiries on the status of my possible employment. I was told once that decisions were still being made. I sent a couple more emails (once per week) and received no response. My final email was sent approximately 1 week ago and my contact told me that he had no idea what was going on. I stopped following up after that.

I am very disappointed that I never got an offer but I am also very disappointed that a company of Paypal's size and reputation did not give me any type of closure on this position. They never sent an offer letter nor did they send a rejection letter. There are no words for how this made me feel. I was left in limbo. I did not want to be rejected by Paypal, but if they decided they did not want me as an employee, the professional thing to do would be to send a letter stating that they have moved in another direction..... or something!
      Answer Question

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick stand-up interview on the first day, followed up with a recorded internet interview, followed up by phone interview, then followed up with an in person interview with two individuals. Reference and background checks followed and offer was then made.There were also security questions, designed to weed out the information you were providing (for instance, if you went to college, when, where, and for how long). Those checks went back to the background information to ensure you were being truthful. Remember, this company processes payments, so any background info that is not truthful or is incomplete will probably take you out of the running as a viable candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview was at a hiring event held in Chandler. Many people attended making this take a couple hours before you were able to actually be interviewed briefly by one of the many interviewers. The one I met with was nice and wanted to know about customer service experience and how and if I had ever dealt with customer concerns. Very brief interview, maybe 5-10 minutes then you are walked to the reception area where your hand is shaken and they tell you that you will hear back either phone or e-mail within the next week.
    Received the call within a week asking me back for a second round of interviews within a week. On the day of my second interview I had to wait almost an hour after my scheduled time to be called in for the interview. There were again many people waiting.
    Resumes were needed for both, and many people were not told this and has not brought them to the 2nd interview.

Collections Agent II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Online application, assessment , two interviews: During final interview with a sup I was asked why I wanted to leave my current company for this company. When I said to have a career the supervisor jumped down my throat mocking the fact that I could just come in here and think that I could build a career into management.

Interview Questions

• Her response was this exactly: So you think that you can just come in here and work hard and then bam your just going to become management. What makes you think that the 3000 other employees that work here don't have the same goals and they have been here 4-5 years.   4 Answers

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application online. Received a call for an in-person interview. Received a call on the way home from interview saying they would like to move forward. 3 weeks later received a call asking me if I was still interested in the position and they were still putting things together (new CSR division). 2 months now and have not heard anything else. Not sure how long I will wait.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the last time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled with it.   Answer Question