PayPal Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.7

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2017.

Interview

I got interviewed for SRE team thought the team develops internal applications for the company.
    First round: Phone Interview with Hiring manager- Mostly Resume orientation and few tech questions on the projects. How does your experience match our job requirements?

Was called to onsite after 2 weeks.
    3 interviews with Paypal at Scottsdale Office.
    Round1 - Tech Round - Asked basic questions on OOPs, How do u design a parking system, what design patterns you know and explain them, How is a class loaded in JAVA and how are static members loaded in JAVA.
    Round 2 - Tech Round - Asked basic coding questions like Fibonacci and improve it - expected DP. Asked a bit about Node as I had experience working on it and the team needed it.
    Round 3 - Managerial Round - Asked few behavioral questions and explained about the team and the way they work.

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I did a 30 minute phone interview which the recruiter asked some questions and gave a description of what they are looking for. The recruiter was very informative and had a very positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for PayPal and what do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I had 4 intense rounds with different Product Owners/leads and was tested on Data Analysis, Requirements Gathering and KPIs for IT data. The focus was mostly on Data based story-telling and gaining business insights from it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to whiteboard my approach to adrress a highly ambiguous data related problem.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Had in interview for one position then got a call two weeks after the interview saying they had filled the position but they wanted me to come back in an interview for a different position... Went in for the interview... was offered the job on the spot... then went through background check and credit check and the whole process took almost three months

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. how you handled it. and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

All the interviews (phone screen and on site) were very sorted and systematic. Overall Good learning experience.
    Should be thorough with Linus , Unix, Vulnerability management and risk analysis techniques and tools.

Fraud Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

It was a while ago. I think I had a phone interview, then in person after a typing test. In person wasn't too bad. Generic questions, mostly based on how i can handle stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to control a situation by yourself, and how did you do it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was approximately 4 hours and group panel. The interview types are STAR based as well as role play. There were no personal questions, or questions about personal background or experience overall. the interview environment is in a group setting. The group setting has no impact on the interview process That consisted group activity on scenario based survival. For example, in a plane crash what would you do? The questions were irrelevant to business environments and was a waste of personal time. There was a tour of the facility and shown amenities. Bulding itself was updated and personnel were nice. After interview took about 5 days and received denial email, no other information was provided.

Interview Questions

• What survival strategy do you have in a plane crash?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to assist customer with a billing question?   Answer Question

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, took about 15 min to complete. A hiring agent will first contact you via email and set up a time for you to do a phone interview. Once they ask their questions they send your answers to their hiring managers who will then decide to follow up and schedule you for a group interview.

Interview Questions

• What is some of your previous work history that will help make you successful in this role?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PayPal (Tempe, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted after speaking to them at the career fair. I had a 30 minutes technical phone interview followed by two 45 minutes in person interviews.The questions were standard java based and algorithms, and also from my resume.

Interview Questions

• Standard Java and design pattern based questions, projects from my resume, standard algorithms based coding questions   Answer Question

Compliance Teammate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview and the following week had an in-person interview on site. The phone interview went really well and was very casual.... a 'getting to know you' session. The in person interview went well too. The interviewer was very nice and asked standard interview questions. Nothing too hard - we mainly discussed my current job and how it relates to the position. He also took time to go into detail about Compliance requirements.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty standard and answering the questions did not present a problem. I felt that I got along well with the interviewer and gave really good answers to any question that was asked of me. I did a lot of research on Paypal and was very excited for the opportunity to work there. I felt sure that I had a very good chance of receiving an offer.

After the interview, I sent correspondence to reaffirm my interest in the position and sent subsequent inquiries on the status of my possible employment. I was told once that decisions were still being made. I sent a couple more emails (once per week) and received no response. My final email was sent approximately 1 week ago and my contact told me that he had no idea what was going on. I stopped following up after that.

I am very disappointed that I never got an offer but I am also very disappointed that a company of Paypal's size and reputation did not give me any type of closure on this position. They never sent an offer letter nor did they send a rejection letter. There are no words for how this made me feel. I was left in limbo. I did not want to be rejected by Paypal, but if they decided they did not want me as an employee, the professional thing to do would be to send a letter stating that they have moved in another direction..... or something!   Answer Question