PayPal Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Had a quick phone screen and then went on the site for an in-person interview. A fairly straight forward process, but overall did not enjoy the recruiting coordinators who set it up or the on-site as they were very un responsive and did a bad job of organizing the whole process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

You apply online and sometimes they get back quickly and sometimes takes longer. I applied for two positions and got response for one very soon and for another one it took longer. They are decent people and ask questions like any other company and gives a chance to be wrong at some places.

Interview Questions

• What experience you have in the field if job you are applying for?
      How would you manage people   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal in December 2013.

Interview

I did not fully go through interview process but, had an experience that I thought is worth sharing as there are no other platforms to share unprofessional practices of company recruiters. A recruiter who claimed that he handles 3-4 BUs within Paypal reached out to me on LinkedIn on his own. After playing phone tag a few times finally he talked to me and did a bit of selling and asked me to send him the questionnaire that he will send. Though I did not apply, I did find the opportunity he mentioned interesting and thought of giving it a shot. I spent several hours over a weekend answering a questionnaire that had questions best suited for a verbal discussion. Several weeks passed and no response from the recruiter even after following up a few times. I would think a recruiter working for a corporation hiring senior roles would have the basic professionalism to close the loop by responding, atleast as a response to a follow-up email if not voluntarily. That is the basic courtesy one can show to fellow professionals. Believe me, at the level he is trying to hire no one will be heart broken to hear that things did not workout or is not going to move forward. Such a thorough unprofessionalism. Companies who care about their hiring process should fire such recruiters who chase employees with over the top enthusiasm and when they find that things are not going to move forward, just drop the ball and move on to their next thing.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Questions on customer experience and improvements.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PayPal in September 2009.

Interview

I was an internal transfer from eBay to PayPal. I reached out to the HM and had interview with 3 group members. I was told I got positive feedback from everyone. However, at the beginning, they choose some other PayPal folks. A month later, when I touched base with HM, they had another opening. They hire me straight without further interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it's hard to negotiate once you are an internal employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Was referred by past employee. Initial HR phone interview was followed by hiring manager phone interview, on-site one-on-one interviews with 6 different team members and another 5 or 6 phone interviews with other employees. Interviews usually had a mix of behavioral questions and use-case specific questions that required specific experience in the subject area, which I had. (I ultimately had to drop out of the application process because a move to CA was no longer possible.)

Interview Questions

• If you were a traffic sign, which sign would you be?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Long interview process. 7 meetings but at least it was done over 2 sessions, or 2 visits. Needed to meet all senior members of the management team. As a satellite office, they have a small group, and the selected candidate needed to fit in with everyone.

Interview Questions

• Standard things. Each person gave scenario based questions, which required you to be fairly e-commerce specific. It also requires you to understand the Paypal checkout flow.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I had done 10 interview with different people (countries and positions). Most of the conversations was about my experience with IT projects, markets, strategy with business team, methodologies with the technical teams, projects of software and hardware, knowlodge about especific technologies (NFC, ISO, Integrations) and more about solving problems day by day.

Interview Questions

• In my case was about NFC projects, because it is not my focus on professional experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

For me was a very good experience in all the process. After the interview phase, the negotiation was very fast and objective. We achieved a point of interest for both in that (me and company).

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

it was a phone interview with a manager that I used to assist

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered me 4500SGD and I nego 5000, it took them a week to consider before saying yes...

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal in November 2011.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process if you come in via a referral. This may be different depending on the department.

First, I got a phone call from HR asking me some basic background questions and scheduling prefernces for the on-site interview. This included a short phone interview.

When i flew on site I was booked a a great hotel and I was interviewed in a 1 on 1 setting by 4 managers/directors who asked basic questions about my experience and some hypothetical situations.
    The interviewers were friendly and gave me a lot of information about the company and their experience in addition to asking questions. The culture does seem to differ greatly by team especially given the big diversity of nationalities among the teams and interviewers.

Within a week I was told I would be getting an offer and just had to wait for the background check.

Within another week that was all completed and we negotiated my salary.

I started 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• How do you balance product delivery with long term strategic vision   Answer Question

Negotiation

Remember to consider all avenues of compensation when negotiating. Stock, salary, sign-on bonus, relocation, etc...