PayPal Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayPal Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at PayPal

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Questions on customer experience and improvements.

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal in December 2013.

Interview

I did not fully go through interview process but, had an experience that I thought is worth sharing as there are no other platforms to share unprofessional practices of company recruiters. A recruiter who claimed that he handles 3-4 BUs within Paypal reached out to me on LinkedIn on his own. After playing phone tag a few times finally he talked to me and did a bit of selling and asked me to send him the questionnaire that he will send. Though I did not apply, I did find the opportunity he mentioned interesting and thought of giving it a shot. I spent several hours over a weekend answering a questionnaire that had questions best suited for a verbal discussion. Several weeks passed and no response from the recruiter even after following up a few times. I would think a recruiter working for a corporation hiring senior roles would have the basic professionalism to close the loop by responding, atleast as a response to a follow-up email if not voluntarily. That is the basic courtesy one can show to fellow professionals. Believe me, at the level he is trying to hire no one will be heart broken to hear that things did not workout or is not going to move forward. Such a thorough unprofessionalism. Companies who care about their hiring process should fire such recruiters who chase employees with over the top enthusiasm and when they find that things are not going to move forward, just drop the ball and move on to their next thing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Was referred by past employee. Initial HR phone interview was followed by hiring manager phone interview, on-site one-on-one interviews with 6 different team members and another 5 or 6 phone interviews with other employees. Interviews usually had a mix of behavioral questions and use-case specific questions that required specific experience in the subject area, which I had. (I ultimately had to drop out of the application process because a move to CA was no longer possible.)

Interview Questions

• If you were a traffic sign, which sign would you be?   3 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PayPal in September 2009.

Interview

I was an internal transfer from eBay to PayPal. I reached out to the HM and had interview with 3 group members. I was told I got positive feedback from everyone. However, at the beginning, they choose some other PayPal folks. A month later, when I touched base with HM, they had another opening. They hire me straight without further interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it's hard to negotiate once you are an internal employee.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

You apply online and sometimes they get back quickly and sometimes takes longer. I applied for two positions and got response for one very soon and for another one it took longer. They are decent people and ask questions like any other company and gives a chance to be wrong at some places.

Interview Questions

• What experience you have in the field if job you are applying for?
      How would you manage people   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Had a quick phone screen and then went on the site for an in-person interview. A fairly straight forward process, but overall did not enjoy the recruiting coordinators who set it up or the on-site as they were very un responsive and did a bad job of organizing the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavioral and Product process questions   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal in February 2019.

Interview

I had a recruiter reach out to me about a position on LinkedIn. I replied and we got a call setup. That went well and she got back to me a few days later to say the hiring manager wanted to talk to me. I asked for a specific job description for the position and I never got one.

The email confirmation said to be prepared for a collaborative coding session, which I thought was a little strange. The day of the call I waited for 20 minutes and the hiring manager was a no show. I sent an email to the coordinators asking to reschedule.

Hiring manager called late for the 2nd scheduled time. The connection wasn't great and he was hard to hear at some points. At the end he mentioned that it would take them about 1 week to let me know whether I would be moving forward. I sent 2 emails following up over the next 6 weeks and never heard anything.

The combination of the no show with minimal apologies and the lack of any sort of follow up after the phone screen made it a poor experience in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Standard product manager questions. Talking about my favorite product and how I would improve it. Asked some questions about my previous projects.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Onsite interview as unorganized, interview was confirmed 2 hours before scheduled time. 2/6 missed their interview (because Monday) and another dialed in to interview me. Many of them seemed uninterested/demotivated to interview - at least one of the senior management interviewer was pretty rude and the entire experience...was asked to show up onsite twice in 2 weeks ..

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about previous experience (this was about 60-70% of the interview), generic hr like questions including strengths weakness, couple of case studies, ab testing, some sql...   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I had done 10 interview with different people (countries and positions). Most of the conversations was about my experience with IT projects, markets, strategy with business team, methodologies with the technical teams, projects of software and hardware, knowlodge about especific technologies (NFC, ISO, Integrations) and more about solving problems day by day.

Interview Questions

• In my case was about NFC projects, because it is not my focus on professional experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

For me was a very good experience in all the process. After the interview phase, the negotiation was very fast and objective. We achieved a point of interest for both in that (me and company).

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Chennai (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

The questions will be more around the experience and will check your deep knowledge on the role that you are applying for. The team will help you feel comfortable and allow you to explain properly and the questions will be more follow up what you had done and from there, they would try to see how you handled different situations.

Interview Questions

• Situation where I had to deliver the solution in quick time but need to make lot of negotiations with the stakeholders and meet the deadline? How did you handle? What did you do?   1 Answer
    • Explain the product that you managed in simple terms, and share how did you come up with goals, success criteria and KPIs   Answer Question