PayPal Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayPal Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at PayPal

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PayPal in June 2010.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the recruiter, who is friendly and easy to communicate. She got back to me in timely manner with a phone interview arrangement with the hiring manager. However the interview with the hiring manager wasn't a professional experience. First, I she was absent and had a peer in her team to interview me with no advanced notice to me and to the recruiter. Second, the substitute interviewer wasn't prepared and no focus questions. She called the conversation off without giving me sufficient response time because she got to run for a meeting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PayPal (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in December 2009.

Interview

Got connected to a manager in PayPal, was able to roll a coffee meeting into an interview for a position they had open. Had a series of 4 45-minute interviews about my background (mostly work experience and classes in MBA) and my views on China, the Chinese consumer, PayPal's product line and their competitors. Ultimately the question of hiring me came down to language ability in Mandarin (or lack thereof), commitment to staying long-term in Shanghai (over 3 years), and compensation expectations (willingness to take less than I would get in the US).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the trust gaps between the US and China? It was asked by someone Chinese so it had to be delicate.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

it was a phone interview with a manager that I used to assist

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered me 4500SGD and I nego 5000, it took them a week to consider before saying yes...

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Chennai (India)) in December 2009.

Interview

I had an internal movement

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal in November 2011.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process if you come in via a referral. This may be different depending on the department.

First, I got a phone call from HR asking me some basic background questions and scheduling prefernces for the on-site interview. This included a short phone interview.

When i flew on site I was booked a a great hotel and I was interviewed in a 1 on 1 setting by 4 managers/directors who asked basic questions about my experience and some hypothetical situations.
    The interviewers were friendly and gave me a lot of information about the company and their experience in addition to asking questions. The culture does seem to differ greatly by team especially given the big diversity of nationalities among the teams and interviewers.

Within a week I was told I would be getting an offer and just had to wait for the background check.

Within another week that was all completed and we negotiated my salary.

I started 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• How do you balance product delivery with long term strategic vision   Answer Question

Negotiation

Remember to consider all avenues of compensation when negotiating. Stock, salary, sign-on bonus, relocation, etc...

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal in January 2011.

Interview

Straightforward, no trick questions, questions on the domain you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions specific to the payments industry and wanted to know my knowledge about that.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2019.

Interview

Going through a diversity program interview process...for women on break. Called Recharge 3.0. The program was very well managed and inspiring. one day program, followed by one on one mentoring session, a boot camp and final interview.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Long interview process. 7 meetings but at least it was done over 2 sessions, or 2 visits. Needed to meet all senior members of the management team. As a satellite office, they have a small group, and the selected candidate needed to fit in with everyone.

Interview Questions

• Standard things. Each person gave scenario based questions, which required you to be fairly e-commerce specific. It also requires you to understand the Paypal checkout flow.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at PayPal (Paris (France)) in January 2015.

Interview

entretien de personnalite classique, questions sur le parcours, connaissance du marche et personnalite.
    L'entretien s'est deroule en deux parties. Un entretien avec une senior product manager, puis un entretien avec le lead product manager de l'Equipe de Paris.

Interview Questions

• Quel sont les produits conccurents pour PayPal? Quelles strategies peut-on envisager pour les contrer?   Answer Question