PayPal Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayPal Program Manager Interview Questions

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through employee referral and phone screening round was scheduled shortly. Interviewer was prompt, friendly and willing to share the expectations and nature of job. Screening round lasted for 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Is there any financial domain experience? How do you plan to overcome this?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief phone screen, followed by 2-hour in house interview. Thought it strange I had not heard back from HR 3 months later, when I inquired via email they replied 'I am sorry you didn't receive my email I sent over a month ago...' you mean the email you FORGOT to send me? I check my email daily, and even hunted through spam and she definitely did not send me any response. I find it unfortunate that this company had such an ineffective HR department. The interview itself went well and I have no issues with not being offered the position. Guess a tailor made presentation and two hours on their site only warrants a casual rejection email. Would help if you actually sent it out!

Interview Questions

• Consisted of presentation, ppt provided to interview panel prior to sit-down session.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was standard. They invited both technical and non-technical for the interview process.

Process as follows:
    1. Phone interview with the hiring manager
    2. First round (in person) - Met with about 4 people. Technical and non-technical individuals.
    3. Second round (in person) - Met another 4 people. Technical and non-technical individuals.

Some questions / discussions:
    - Explain in detail on of your projects and what contributions / role did you play?
    - What was the most memorable project / program you worked on? What would you change?
    - How do you handle competing projects?

Interview Questions

• Some questions / discussions:
      - How do you handle competing projects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Referred to the hiring manager, had a initial phone interview first with the recruiter, then another phone interview with the hiring manager, later on there was an onsite interview scheduled with 5 people.

Interview Questions

• one of the interesting questions that the hiring manager asked was if I have kids. Since I didn't want to screw my chances I gave an honest answer and didn't react that how inappropriate the question was.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

phone interview + live interviews with 7 people from future team members to director level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

First talked with the recruiter, after a phone screening interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. After passing the initial screening, was invited to the site for a formal interview with the hiring manager and to speak with a team selected by the hiring manager. After that spoke a little bit more with the hiring manager and then left.

Interview Questions

• interestingly the hiring manager asked about my family and how many children do I have.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Employees seemed fatigued by reorganizations, and somewhat unmotivated. There was a great deal of talk about PayPal's potential, but reading between the lines they seemed to feel that eBay was holding them back. Very deflated and downbeat environment. Tons of work, making work-life balance difficult. Astonishingly bad follow up: I never got any response after interviews (positive or negative), despite my repeated requests. It's one thing to not follow up on an application or phone interview, but another thing all together after you've invested the time to get on a plane.

Interview Questions

• What would look to accomplish in your first six months on the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

I was actually approached by Artizen, a contract recruiting firm in Redwood City. I am linked to an Artizen recruiter through LinkedIn. She set up the interview, which lasted 1 hour. I interviewed with the hiring manager, the User Experience Design Manager, and the Senior Program Manager that was going on maternity leave, all at the same time. It was an efficient interview, because my answers to their questions spurred follow-on questions from each of the interviewers, so it seemed that all the bases were covered by the end of the hour. I asked them if there were any gaps in any of my answers that I could elaborate on before I left, but there were none. I was offered the position before the day was over.

Interview Questions

• What is your least favorite part of working project and program management jobs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In this economy, I was willing to take a low rate. Artizen started at $50/hour, and I negotiated up to $60/hour. Even though that's rather low for my skillset, it still beats unemployment, so I took it. PayPal realizes that they are in a good bargaining position, so there was no more negotiating room. I suggest you feel them out for the rate range, and take what you can get, because you could negotiate your way out of an offer.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Technical Panel members were impressive. Behavioral questions to measure personality traits and competency were really good. I went through one round of technical I/w to start with followed by 3 rounds of face to face discussion. After this there was another telephonic I/w scheduled following which HR asked me to send payslips, hike letter and all. I had an offer in hand and HR asked to share the offer letter. I was not ok with sharing the letter but had revealed the offer details though. Salary discussion never happened. Looks like not sharing the current offer letter was a deal breaker here. HR didn't have the basic courtesy to inform about the I/w results inspite of followup. Didn't expect such a thing from a company like PayPal.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal in March 2010.

Interview

I recently had a 1-1 phone interview with the hiring manager and have been told that the face to face interviews will be set up and I will be notified soon.

The recruiter called me and set up the phone interview for the same day. The interview was very pleasant - lots of questions on program management, all of them very valid. If you are an experienced program manager, you will find this part of the process easy

Work culture seems very informal - I was told that all levels of employees sit in cubicles (even senior management).