PayPal Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayPal Risk Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Austin, TX).

Interview

Long process consist 5 stages: first home assignment, 2 on sites tests and 2 interviews. The HR personal were very kind, professional and open regarding the process. Compare to other companies answers came fast - within 5 days from interview

Interview Questions

• math and logic questions to understand analitical thinking and methodology   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Berkeley, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through Ebay website. The process took 2 weeks.
    There are 3 phone interviews in total. The first one focuses on my background and asked few questions about SQL, and optimization given a simple scenario. The second one is with a Risk Manager and she is the potential supervisor of this intern position. She asked me about how to determine a credit card stolen given some conditions. The last phone interview just focused on some behavior questions and also some questions about risks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

. I worked with Risk Management team, products team, account managers, legal team and sales as well as directly with clients to validate a Business Case for a new innovation. My main business case involved building a brand new SOA platform engaging multiple services that could manage risk and identify potential fraud for payments, account acquisition for debit, credit and other types of transactions online or at the Point of Sale. I also lead strategic products to build an Enterprise Risk Management and Fraud Prevention platform to allow Retailers and Financial Institutions manage their risk and fraud more efficiently and make sure that all their practices

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PayPal (Chennai (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

There were four rounds of interview. Three managers interviewed me. One of them was my potential supervisor and the last round was with the head of the team. Asked me about my previous work experience and academic projects. Questions about probability and some riddles to assess my problem-solving skills. Asked me to explain some pseudo codes.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Chennai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews from people in different disciplines, a strong focus on business thinking and problem solving ability. Importance given to the thought process behind the answers given more so than the actual answer. The ability to think on ones feet and with a relative degree of accuracy is very important.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal (Chennai (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

first round of interview is always on phone-screening,2nd round is technical a manager level guy will ask about your sql skills and will give u some scenario to analyze.3can ask complex queries based on sql triggers and procedures.HR round

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2012.

Interview

there was a selection before the interview which involved talking to several people over the phone. I got the outcome by the end of the day, and was given a date for the interview itself.
    the interview itself was laid back.
    I met 2 people from the recruitment team, did a few tests on site.
    I got the answer in a reasonable time frame.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in September 2011.

Interview

According to my conversation with other colleagues their interview experience are all different. Some were recruited thru the colleague recruitment process were given intensive written test on statistics and computer science knowledge. Some joined with experience were interviewed by several managers, normally include technique skills, general busineess problem solving and HR.

Interview Questions

• PayPal business related questions, how do you detect fraud.   Answer Question

Risks Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal (Chennai (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

First round was telephonic, a case study for estimations. was called the next day for the face to face interview. 4 face to face interviews with managers, all were case studies. one technical round, data interpretation test and then final HR round which was more of a formality. whole process took one full day, got the offer on the same day. joined a month later.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of air travelers in India per year.   Answer Question

Negotiation

did not negotiate.