PayPal Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

PayPal Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Mar 25, 2017

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had the first round of interview with the Manager for about 45 to 50 mins. After 3 weeks, I had the second round of interview with one of the developers. It was an online coding test mostly concentrating on Javascript and one question involving algorithms and data structures. The next business day I got a mail from the Talent Acquisition team asking me to come onsite for an interview. The onsite interview went on for about 4 and a half hours with about 5 mins of break. It was mostly white board coding and tested my skills in HTML, CSS and Javascript. It also involved some problem solving and puzzle kind of questions. The last round of onsite interview was with the manager which went on for about an hour and 15 mins.

The only negative thing about the whole process was, after spending so much effort and time travelling and preparing for the interview, PayPal doesn't even bother to give the feedback. 2 Days after the onsite interview I got a mail saying they are considering other applicants for this position, but they don't bother telling you what was the feedback from the interview panel despite my repeated emails.

Interview Questions

• Create a payment application to send and receive money   Answer Question
    • create javascript custom library for specific functionalities.   Answer Question
    • Javascript code to consume Rest API   Answer Question
    • If you have 7 identical tiles and a common balance, 6 of which are of equal weight. How do you find the odd one out with minimum number of iterations.   Answer Question
    • For the given array, find the continuous sub array with maximum sum   Answer Question
    • Questions on javascript closure, inheritance, prototype, scope.   Answer Question

Mobile Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the PayPal jobs website. I was then contacted by a recruiter to set up a technical phone screening with a software engineer on the team. After passing the first round, I was invited onsite to meet with more members of the team at the PayPal North Campus. Very smooth and quick process with the utmost transparency.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were a solid mix of programming, data structures, design, user experience, logic, language fundamentals, design patterns, and other topics.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through employee referral and phone screening round was scheduled shortly. Interviewer was prompt, friendly and willing to share the expectations and nature of job. Screening round lasted for 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Is there any financial domain experience? How do you plan to overcome this?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First round is phone interview, in which one team member asked a few basic Javascript questions. A few days later, HR connected me and scheduled an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of five individual interviews, most focusing on technical questions

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a 45 min phone interview. First he asked me basic things about my background. It took 10-15 min. And then he asked two coding questions. After solving coding questions, he asked me complexities of both questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to bit manipulation and hashmap. Can not disclose the exact questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

recruiter contacted me on linked in. the process took 3 weeks. In consistent with the other reviews here i found the interviewers too arrogant and horrible. All of the interviewers were Indians and all of them had a horrible attitude.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First round is phone interview, in which one team member asked a few basic Java questions and a couple of questions related to array. I Dint got call for the second round.

Interview Questions

• Few basic questions about java.
      Find Smallest integer in circular array.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I think they are specifically hiring only Indians. Because everybody on the interview panel was an Indian.

Some questions were simple LeetCode, others were very specific database and Linux questions. If I had known they would ask these questions, it would have been easy to prepare.

Like so many companies in Silicon Valley, these jobs are more for immigration than actual hiring.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter with the job description and a phone interview was setup in 2 weeks. The interviewer called me on time and he started the interview with the coding question and said we could discuss more if I had any questions in the last five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Find longest palindrome formed by removing or shuffling chars from string   Answer Question

Cloud Compute Engineer (MTS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very Horrible!... The team has no idea how to deal with candidates (esp experienced ones). Instead of escorting me to the interview room, they asked me to find a meeting room on some other floor on my own. One engineer was so very rude that I felt like I was talking to some DMV employee. The team is a bunch of egoistic and disrespectful people who think employees of other companies are dumb and nobody else is better than them.