PayPal Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayPal Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview for RCG position. Interview went well but still got a reject after a couple of days. Interviewer did not bother to introduce properly. Dived into shared editor after just 2-3 minutes of conversation.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on strings such as longest contiguous character, first duplicate character.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview 3 weeks later. The phone interview consisted of only technical questions and lasted about 40 minutes. It involved multiple questions regarding distributed systems and using threads to increase the speed of program execution.

Interview Questions

• How would you go through a document and tell me how many times a particular word occurs throughout the document?   1 Answer
    • If I gave you a large number of documents, how would you tell me the number of times a word shows up in all of the documents combined using multiple computers?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was arrogant and stubborn. He didn't try to understand my solution. Instead, try to make me use his solution (signs of a bad developer/interviewer) Bad experience! Culture is also bad. You need to be on-call all the time. I would not want to work here.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Interviewed for Front-End Developer Software Engineer Intern position. Had two rounds of interview. Both the interviews were on Skype. Do be prepared with leetcode coding. They asked me to share the screen and ensured that I pass all the test cases for the code I wrote on Leetcode.

Interview Questions

• First round: Asked about my resume. Was asked to solve coding on leetcode
      Second round: Drilled deep into projects that were mentioned in resume
      4 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

I interviewed at PayPal credit in Timonium, MD. It started with a tour of the newly renovated office, which was very nice. Then we went into a small conference room with 4 other people. They asked me about my resume, then asked me to do coding questions on MacBook connected to a TV. I thought I did pretty well, but I did not hear back.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of start and end times, determine if any overlap.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I received an email asking when I can be interviewed over the phone and was given technical questions on the very first call. On this call the interviewer was not friendly and did not let me know if my answers were heading in the correct direction. She was unhelpful and never gave any positive feedback whatsoever even though I now know some of my answers were correct.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a program that only returns integers in the array that can add up to a particular number?   Answer Question
    • What could be wrong with implementing a stack with an arrayList?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First round is phone interview, in which one team member asked a few basic Javascript questions. A few days later, HR connected me and scheduled an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of five individual interviews, most focusing on technical questions

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

6 people for 30 min each and lunch with the hiring team. Common chat and some whiteboarding. 1 manager and 5 developers. It was pretty easy and everyone is really nice. Enjoyed it for sure.

Interview Questions

• Find the middle of a linked list   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied via career fair at school. Got called in for a on campus interview. The person interviewing me didn't care for much about my resume and we jumped right into a whiteboard coding question. He wasn't the friendliest and seemed condescending. Treated me like a senior student even though I was just a freshman, and wanted the most efficient code possible for questions.

Interview Questions

• Compare two strings and see if they have the same frequency of letters, in MAXIMAL efficiency.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I think they are specifically hiring only Indians. Because everybody on the interview panel was an Indian.

Some questions were simple LeetCode, others were very specific database and Linux questions. If I had known they would ask these questions, it would have been easy to prepare.

Like so many companies in Silicon Valley, these jobs are more for immigration than actual hiring.