PayPal Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer

PayPal Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at PayPal

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was great. Talked about my experience and seems like the manager just wanted to see what was my background. After that phone screen I got a call back they wanted to offer me a software engineer position. Not technical questions, it was more focused on my background and the technologies I have used.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. I took an assessment that I was given 24 hours to complete, then told I would have 1 interview. I ended up having 3 interviews, each taking around 45 minutes. The interviews were okay, all were technical and get to know me. 2 of the interviewers didn't seem to care and were grumpy. Asked a lot of whiteboard questions.

Interview Questions

• What I know about React, Node, experiences, challenges I've had, how to shift an array or find the needle in a haystack. Questions you can do on leetcode.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

Spoke with the hiring manager, that went well apparently. Typical discussion around what you've worked on etc.

Then moved on to a virtual technical interview.. Select a DOM element, add classes and remove classes for that DOM element. Create functions to do this and then consolidate and build an object to handle the implementation. Odd test, but whatever.. then radio silence.

I have no problem with interviewing, but if I'm spending my time to go through the interview process at a minimum I expect a response back with yes or no. I shouldn't have to chase the recruiter to find the answer.

Interview Questions

• Create a jQuery implementation of adding and removing classes to a DOM element.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal in April 2020.

Interview

I made it past the phone interview, and the virtual onsite was the worst experience I've ever had in an interview.

Started off the interview with a no-show. Then 30 minutes in, they decided to pull in someone who wasn't assigned to interview me, so he was basically looking up "interview questions" and while looking at his phone and doing whatever, he would ask me random questions he found on the internet without listening to my answers.

The last interview was shockingly worse than the first. They clearly didn't bother looking at my resume and asked questions unrelated to my professional experiences that clearly were not defined in my resume, and when I couldn't answer, the interviewer had the audacity to ask me "what did you even learn in university" when I graduated 5+ years ago.

Glad I'm not working there, and never plan to apply there again.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I applied through a referral. The interview mainly revolves around my past projects and why I wanted to work on that specific team. They then asked some simple technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What should PayPal do in the next 5 years?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online and received an online assessment. Couple days later, I get contacted to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview I had was terrible. The interviewer demanded I use Java and even implied that I wouldn't be fit for the job if I didn't use Java.

1. All coding interviews are language agnostic.
    2. Could have let me know beforehand if the phone interview was to be done in Java.

I think the interviewer basically failed me after I told him I've been preparing for interviews in another language, so I am going to use another language. He didn't give me helpful hints and kept questioning my Python code during the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Very Bad experience. Papal needed to promote an internal candidate, hence conducted an interview for auditing purpose. Their goal was to interview some one and reject, to offer the internal candidate the position. After the interview instead of letting me know the feedback, they sent over my resume to other team to repeat the same process. I was confused and asked the recruiter who reached out to me as to why this is happening and does he have the feedback of previous interview, but no answers. I finally had to reach out to the other recruiter who was handling that position, she called me and informed me that, unfortunately they filled it up with an internal candidate. How unprofessional from paypal to waste others time to just promote an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• They organized an half day interview where the manager and architect of the team asked no questions. Instead let me ask questions, if i have any. That clearly shows, that they are doing this for auditing purpose, Will recommend candidates to be careful before applying.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

A screening round, then a telephonic round and then a Face-to-face. The screening was a skype round with coding for 45 mins and then the telephonic round with Telephonic with Technical and experience-based questions for 1 hour. Then, In-person round with the 3 interviewers for 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Thread based data structure question, where find the output in the order of thread initiation   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online got call form HR team then They scheduled 1st round Phone Interview which Consists of two Coding Rounds and a behavioral round Where they asked like What is the hardest thing you have done and some Java and Data structures related questions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

No feeling good, interviewer is not only late, but also doesn't very care about what you said. The question is not very difficult, but looks like the interviewer doesn't know DFS

Interview Questions

• Ask one question and a lot questions about resume   1 Answer