PayScale Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 95 of over 95 interviews

Employee Referral20%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

PayScale

Application

I interviewed at PayScale

Interview

Spent multiple hours in 3 rounds of virtual interviews. No particular structure general interview questions. Never heard from them and after 3 weeks I emailed the recruiter who was the first interview but I did not get a reply.

Interview Questions
  • Standard stuff about background and biggest challenge
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PayScale (Burlington, MA)

Interview

No respect to interviewers time. After a person spend hours on the interviews with you, at least send an email saying that you chose someone else. Very unprofessional HR. No replies after the interviews, no replies to follow ups.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about PayScale

Join the conversation on

Tech

207.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=PayScale~158711
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayScale (Boston, MA) in May 2022

Interview

There were 4 interviews. First one was a behavioral one over the phone with a recruiter, second was about your background/experiences with a software engineer, third was a group panel technical interview, and the last one another group panel but very chill, similar to the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
  • background, experience, what would you do in [x] situation, write the fib value of i'th seq, add up all the prime numbers in 1...n.

PayScale

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayScale in Apr 2022

Interview

Applied online. Got a follow up email from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. They never told me what time zone they were in so we had to do some back and forth emailing to schedule. The interview time comes and goes, no call. I emailed them and they never emailed back. I was ghosted by the recruiter :(

2 people found this interview helpful

PayScale

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayScale in Apr 2022

Interview

One round with a recruiter, one round with hiring manager, followed by a couple panel-type interviews and systems design whiteboarding activity. The panel-type interviews were cross functional so I got to meet with engineers, architects, QA engineers, and product managers.

Interview Questions
  • I don't feel comfortable posting specific questions but they asked typical behavioral and skills type interview questions.

PayScale

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayScale

Interview

It was a very bizarre and unprofessional experience. I was contacted for a phone interview and scheduled a date. I waited for the call during interview time but no one called me. No one reached out to reschedule or apologize. I contacted the person I originally set-up the interview with and they never responded.

2 people found this interview helpful

PayScale

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayScale in Mar 2022

Interview

My overall impression was that the company was very disorganized - to the point where they scheduled my interview with the complete wrong person. Because of those factors, I declined to continue further in the hiring process. More details below: After the initial phone screen, I had a second interview with someone who admitted they had only been in their current role for a few weeks and could barely explain to me the details of what I'd be doing or who I'd be working with day-to-day. The interviewer also said things like, "I wouldn't say burnout is an issue, but it's definitely something to be mindful of," "I doubt any company would say they responded well to COVID," and, "to succeed here, you have to have a growth mindset, you can't think there isn't enough time to do things" (implying that you'd be expected to put in LONG hours). The interview ended abruptly when the person interviewing me realized we were over the time limit and ended the call with no wrap-up. The next day I found out through a two sentence email that I had been scheduled to interview with the complete wrong person. They didn't apologize for wasting my time and only asked for my availability for another interview. At that point, I turned down the opportunity. Honestly, I get it. Sometimes companies are not in the best place. I was just a passing observer and for that, I am thankful. I do wish everyone working at Payscale the best of luck for the future.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

PayScale

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at PayScale in Mar 2022

Interview

It was pretty odd. I'd had a scheduled phone interview for 0900 my time. However, I was called at 0858 → missed it → received a voicemail noting they called for the interview and did I want to reschedule. I called back at least 3x beginning at 0900 and left a voicemail. Received no word for the rest of the day. I also sent an email back to the original recruiter noting all this and that I was disinterested in rescheduling. I've never had this happen before, nor would I imagine that no one would respond at all. Who leaves their entire phone during an allotted interview time??

PayScale

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayScale in Mar 2022

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by internal talent acquisition by email to set up a 30 minute phone screen. The talent acquisition person never called. After the scheduled appointment I emailed to check if there was a problem. 90 minutes later she replied that she needed to pick up a sick child from daycare and would like to reschedule. The problem is that while I was waiting I was reading the recent Glassdoor reviews. Given the poor reviews and the missing talent acquisition person (a one line email or text before our call was all that was needed) I assumed I could never help them attract or retain talent - so I wrote this review instead of responding.

Interview Questions
  • How do I write a quick note to a candidate to let them know l need to reschedule?

PayScale

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at PayScale in Feb 2022

Interview

I went through the interview process in one week and received an offer. After leaving my company and getting ready to start my new role, I received a call that the position I accepted an offer for was canceled and I was out of a job.

Interview Questions
  • How would I be able to handle a fast pace, high demand environment?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 Interviews

PayScale Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at PayScale as 60.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.70 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Success Manager and Sales Development Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Account Executive and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at PayScale takes an average of 19 days when considering 109 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Development Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Account Executive roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 25 days).

Common stages of the interview process at PayScale according to 109 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 35.87%