PayScale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayScale Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

Onboarding Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayScale.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, had a phone screen, then an in-office interview loop with five different people (team manager, three people currently in the role, one person in a different role but on the same team). Very efficient and fast process. The offer came within a few days.

Interview Questions

• How do you effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayScale (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the whole process took about 4 weeks. I had one phone interview, an coffee interview and an analysis test. The team was very nice and welcoming, although they did not always communicate the next steps in the process clearly. Overall, it was a good experience, and PayScale seems like a cool company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic interview questions about experience, why you want the job, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayScale (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Began with an hour long interview with the recruiter who reached out to me; talked about my background extensively and PayScale. Next step was an online technical review that can be completed in any language and a three hour time limit. PayScale responded a day later with full detailed review of my code with recommendations and an explanation why they decided to not move forward. Overall, PayScale was very punctual, professional, and personable throughout my interview process.

Interview Questions

• (Will not give out for respect to the interview) but it's an interesting problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PayScale (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

About process: Applied online, was contacted by recruiter after 5-6 days with an online challenge on a site called hackerrank. You can submit solution on this site and it runs some test cases as well( pretty nifty !!)
    You can code in your own IDE and copy code over to this site's editor. The question was average. Solved the question, submitted solution and was rejected after about 2 days.
    Experience: The recruiter was super helpful and did an excellent job on communication. Very professional and responsive. 5* for recruiter.
    Engineering team: not so sure :), the team responded with an answer about a failed case, however the code submitted had all the cases covered and specific comments on how some of the special cases are handled (including the failed case which was reported by team).
     I executed my code with various combinations of "special cases" and all executed successfully, so I am not sure if product team even executed code :):). So for engineering team I would rate 2*.

Interview Questions

• (will respect the privacy of question) related to string.. interesting question   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PayScale (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview scheduled via digital calendar, soonest was three weeks out.
    The telephone screen/interviewer suggested that I may want to come in as a higher grade, but they had two grades open and ahe suggested I come in for the higher tier.

Interview Questions

• Don't you think you'll be bored working here?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayScale (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for an individual contributor role. Did a phone screen with their recruiter encouraging me to apply for a new managerial role in the same department due to my background. Scheduled an in-person meeting at the SoDo office with the hiring manager. Hiring manager in the interview asked me dates and details about each job on my resume. During that discourse, I was asked to explain why I had left a role on my resume at which I had just been promoted. I explained it was for a better opportunity that offered more growth, and I had stayed in that role several years. It seemed the interview was over after that point, and I got a rejection email a few days later. My resume includes dates and titles for each position I've held; it seemed a waste of time to go over that again.

Interview Questions

PayScale Response

May 25, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are working hard to ensure we provide a positive experience for all candidates regardless of outcome, but it sounds like we fell short ... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PayScale.

Interview

Was interviewed by the HR manager to pre qualify - standard Sales interview questions regarding personal goals, competitiveness, sales experience, team work ethic, etc. Was then called in for an interview with the Sales Management team. Interviewed individually with three Sales Managers to see which team I would be best fit for, then the VP of Sales. The Sales Managers were each seeking a particular fit for their team and were all very conversational and approachable. The VP of Sales was the most challenging - it seemed as though he wanted to see hold you might hold up in C-level conversations with companies you'd be working with.

Inside Sales Interview

Interview

Very dressed down office with alcohol on everyone's desk and a frat house feel. I actually dislike dressing up for work but being unprofessional and dressing casual are different things. I'm sure the sales team there does fine because they have a great product but I think they could make some changes to optimize their sales efficiency.

Interview Questions

• It seemed like they were trying to find a cool friend more than a salesperson. I understand getting along with the rest of the frat is important but the interview felt less about how much I could sell and more about how fun I might be in the office.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayScale (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a typical interview process including phone screen and then onsite interview with 4 different Sales Managers (individually). If they call you back it is followed up by an interview with the SVP of Sales and to review a demo with Sales Managers. All of the interviewing managers were really great, they are trying to find the right match for their teams by asking questions that relate to the position/team. Be personable, do your homework on the company, know your selling style and be able to explain how you might transition into this sales role from another sales role and be ready to sell yourself. This was by far one of the best interview processes I've ever been through, it was a very comfortable process all the way through thanks to an awesome recruiting team.

Senior Software Engineer, Core Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayScale (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by recruiter within 3 days. We had back and forth email conversation to decide the phone call availability. We both settled on one specific time slot for a phone call.
    The recruiter never called on the decided time. I tried sending many messages but he never responded. Its been 3+ weeks but still no response yet. This is so weird and frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

PayScale Response

Jul 19, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Hello, can you please email me this week? I am not aware of anyone that is waiting for an email response from me, apologize if I missed it somehow. My Email - ChrisSt@payscale.com