Paychex Administrative Assistant I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Administrative Assistant I Interview Questions

Interviews at Paychex

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Interview cancelled 2 minutes before scheduled time..............

I applied Sunday & was contacted Monday by a Talent Acquisition Rep to schedule a phone interview. I was given an array of dates & times to select via Calendly for a 30 minute phone call. I selected my time, scheduled the time off of work (all times were during 9-5 hours) and planned on receiving a call 2 days later.

2 minutes before the scheduled call, I got a passive email from the Talent Acquisition Rep stating 'Sorry for the short notice, but after reviewing your profile, we will not be moving forward with the candidacy. 2 minutes before the scheduled call, this is not an exaggeration.

I of course am too worried about replying back with some disappointment in the process, as I am concerned it will severe ties with the company, but then again- do I want to work somewhere where a 2 month employed recruiter (I looked him up via LinkedIn) did his job so irresponsibly that he waited 2 minutes before a scheduled call, didn't review my profile on #1 selecting me as a candidate clearly, but #2 look at it again before our call.

Not to mention, PayChex/SurePayroll has NO way of getting in contact with someone internally regarding this matter, as I feel they have the right to know that there are recruiters doing a poor job at representing the company

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Anonymous Employee in North Reading, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paychex (North Reading, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I have been with company for almost 8 years and recently interviewed for another position. It is relaxing but intense at the same time. You have a phone interview with recruiter then with person you will be working for.

Interview Questions

• What are you plans in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paychex (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Do your homework about the company. You will be asked questions about what the company offers clients and possibly company history. It would also be good to be able to talk a little bit about your past experience for what they offer.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paychex (Kennesaw, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

It was very short and fairly easy. They were very nice. They wanted to know what my goals were in life and if I could see myself making Paychex a permanent career choice if so, I would be will to move up in the company. They wanted to know if I had any experience in the admin department i was applying for. Then they showed me around the office to meet everyone. I also went and met all of the admin department and was allowed to sit and watch then do there daily routine. Overall very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• If I was will to move up in the company   1 Answer
    • What my goal in life was   1 Answer
    • If I could see myself snaking Paychex a life time career choice.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would say just be yourself. Be honest with what you know and what you are not experienced with.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paychex (Denver, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by internal recruiter. Two phone interviews with recruiter with a one week wait to hear back for 1:1 interview. I was initially interviewed by 2 other admin assistants before I was interviewed by my future boss.. Took over 2 weeks to hear back and be offered a position due to manager being too busy to respond to recruiter. That should have been a red flag for how difficult he would be as a boss.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness. This is a tired an unnecessary interview question and doesn't positively reflect anyone's skill set.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I tried for a higher hourly wage based on my experience and was told that was the high end for my level of experience.