Paychex Client Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Client Service Representative Interview Questions

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

I needed to come back two separate times for in person interviews because they couldn't schedule all of the interviewers at the same time, this was a little frustrating but they were easy interviews if you can sell your customer service.

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario based questions, ie. tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

One phone interview, two in person interviews. Mostly behavioral questions were asked. They try to pull you in with telling you, you have to go to NYC for training. Not very exciting.

Declined offer, they start the pay too low at $15. They are way behind in terms of wage compared to other companies. Some retail stores pay better wages. Decided to take a better offer with higher pay.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Nashville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

I took the online assessment and received a call back from the recruiter to schedule a telephone interview almost immediately. She then scheduled my interview with the management team in the Nashville office. I had my job offer within 2 days pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in Paychex?   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview. Second, there was an assessment. Third, there was a face to face interview. There was another assessment. Last, there was the interview with the manager. The whole process took about 2 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had to make a decision without consulting management.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Interview

I was hired as a temp and offered a position a few months in.

Negotiation

there was none, either you take it or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Hartford, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

The initial communication is a phone call from a recruiter, if you accept to go onto the next step you will be asked to complete an online assessment. After passing the assessment, there are two possible in person interviews. You will have both interviews in a conference room either with one person or with multiple people - the focus of these interviews will be to get a sense of your personality and where your dedication lies. Yes, there is even a personality test they ask you to take at the first interview that is a factor if you will be asked back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer called you with an IT based question? (I was interviewing for a payroll position)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Irving, TX).

Interview

The hiring and interview process is very extensive and takes anywhere from 3-4 weeks. You initially complete the online application for the desired position. If your experience fits the position, it may take a week or longer to get a call from recruiter. Another week to be scheduled for testing and an initial interview... possibly another week for a 2nd interview. Once you offered the job and you accept, they will still need to process your background check, drug test, etc. This can take at least a week or more... pray they don't loose your drug sample or you are looking at more delays. They are definitely following a written hiring process but it takes a little too long and you can get discouraged waiting through it all.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Standard behavior type questions. How did you react to upset client and how did you resolve the issue? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotation.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Irving, TX).

Interview

Phone interview followed by a face to face interview. If asked to return you go through a third interview and you job shadow a representative for 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Denver, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

I first received an email requesting that I take a skills test (verbal and math skills). It was very difficult, and impossible to answer all the questions in the time allotted. I passed the test still, and later on that day I received a phone call from their recruiter. It was the typical phone interview with questions like "Tell me about yourself" and "What percentage of your day at your old job was spent dealing directly with customers". He then said that the next step was to interview with someone actually in the office, which I didn't hear from until 5 days later to set up a time.
    At the face-to-face interview, I had a 1:1 interview, followed by a 2:1 interview, and then a 1:1 interview with the manager of the department. They had all normal questions such as "Tell us of a time when you had to deal with an upset customer". After the 2:1 interview they gave me a personality test, which they then took and the manager for the last interview came back with the results and asked me questions based on my answers, such as "I see you might have an issue with not having a set schedule or not having a daily routine, explain" - which was not accurate, but I answered as so.
    After this, I was invited back in a week for another 1:1 interview with another one of the managers, with the typical questions and they told me they would be in contact within a week with their decision.
    About a week later I received the typical cold-response of 'the position had been filled' and they would keep my resume on file.

Interview Questions

• In your previous position, what percentage of your daily routine involved dealing with customers?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time when you were planning a project, and last second the project was cancelled by upper management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Richmond, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

First 2 interviews were great. Last interview was with Branch Manager. Was one of the weirdest interviews I have ever been privileged to experience. The BM proceeded to read the benefits package line by line. After the benefits package reading, he went on to explain to me how Paychex micro-manages the employees. He then went onto reading over the CSR performance evaluation line by line. At end of interview, he said they MAY have a position opening in 2 to 3 weeks. I followed up and was basically told that he thought I wasn't a good fit, cannot understand how he came to conclusion as he did not ask me any situational questions nor did he ask me about my views about customer service.
    I am very upset over this. I am working toward a degree in Human Resource. Paychex would have been my ideal job as they do what I have chosen for a career field. I was so excited for this opportunity and now because a Branch Manager, I have a very pessimistic view of Paychex and question all they claim to be. While I understand the Branch Manager wasted my time, I can't help but wonder how often this has happened to other people and whether Paychex as a corporation allows this sort of behavior.

Interview Questions

• In three words, how would you describe yourself?   1 Answer