Paychex District Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex District Sales Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Paychex

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Angier, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Angier, NC) in August 2018.

Interview

It is worth mentioning that I was an employee referral in to the open position.

To start there was an recruiter phone screening. She was awesome, communicated well, and did what she said she would do. Great so far, right?

Then she passed me on to the “zone director” who took her time to set up the first video interview. When it finally happened it was a 60+ minute barrage of her questions, leaving no time for mine. Zero. Literally fired questions at me for an hour. She took no opportunity to get to know me at all. Again, she left zero time for my questions. Do you think you would want to work for such a “me first” individual?

Following this she stared she would reach out to schedule an in person meeting with her (not sure why, she could not have possibly had any other questions for me haha, and the first interview was video???). Either way she never reached out, no word from her or the recruiter. Poor communication.

I did not follow up because I was running away so fast from the director. I feel sorry for the person who is hired to report to her. Everything happens for a reason.

Lastly, I received an offer from another company in the area, one who took the time to get to know me, and my leadership style. This offer was far more lucrative and had more future promise. Consider other opportunities, rather than this company. My 2 cents.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a rep was underperforming? How would you specifically address this with the rep? (Easy stuff like this)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

The process is a very easy process. The time frame it will take to complete, is about 2 weeks. Have a business plan made, so you can refer to it when you're interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Atlanta, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

Person called me to do interview on the same day. I arrived 15 minutes early and they were at lunch and office was closed. As we sat down we spoke very informally about the company and "a" job which I had to clarify what position was. I applied to one position and the gentleman was asking me about a completely different position. It showed me how unprepared he was. He spoke about how the company spends around 60% of the time interviewing or "looking for the right person" as to my thought was, "how can you look for the right person if you dont even know what you are hiring for?". After he continue speaking about the company I stopped the process because I did not wanted to waste his and specially my time. I would have appreciate it a professional courtesy of at least being prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Columbus, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

5 interviews with recruiter and Other DSM's and Zone Manager. After phone interview with recruiter had to do a phone interview with zone manager and then got face to face with Zone manager and 2 other district managers. Had to take a math test and personality test. Went on a ride along with a sales rep also. Had another phone interview with a director and was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Rochester, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Two phone interviews and one final interview with two upper management. Pretty straightforward process. Many candidates where involved and a great deal of detail went into the presentation. Company chose another candidate that had more experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Reading, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (North Reading, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very confusing process and no one seemed to be on the same page. I applied for the DM position. 2 weeks later I was sent an assessment to fill out. Very lengthy and consisted of personality questions, graph analyzing, schedule configuring based on scenarios/time constraints Etc. A few days later I received an email from a recruiter regarding a sales rep position in Chicago. I applied for a DM position in the Boston area. A week after that I was called by a local DM who was interviewing me for a 401k rep position. I stopped him once I realized it and told him that I didn't apply for that. He said that the recruiter I spoke to sent him my info. I never talked to anyone - just received emails. That District Manager told me he would get my application in the right hands. It's been 2 weeks and nothing. Needless to say I wouldn't accept the position if it was offered anyway based on this experience. This is all after I read similar feedback on this site - definitely got it first hand.