Paychex Field Human Resources Generalist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Field Human Resources Generalist Interview Questions

Interviews at Paychex

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Paychex (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Screening interview, online exam, digital interview, phone interview, and then in-person interview with one to three weeks between each step in the process. No follow up after last interview. I had read that Paychex drags candidates through the mud and that is exactly what I experienced. One person told me that the position needed to be filled immediately; another said that it wasn't even open yet. The office was depressing. The interviewer was dissheveled and bombarded me with predictable questions during a wanna-be stress interview. I knew within minutes of entering the office that I didn't want to work there. The best thing about my experience with Paychex is that their endless process bought me enough time to negotiate an offer from one of their competitors, who offered me essentially the same job with significantly better pay and benefits.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe are the three most important Human Resources-related laws?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Field Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in January 2018.

Interview

Applied for the position online. Received a call for a phone interview about 1 1/2 weeks after applying. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. Was contacted the same day to schedule and in-person interview. Interviewed with the hiring manager and was told I’d hear back within 2 weeks. Was called to come in for a 2nd IV four days later with the hiring manager and a two other HRGs from the team. Received a call the next day offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral based questions. Was looking for specific examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

1st round interview-phone screening
    She asked questions primarily on day to day responsibilities and background. This was approximately 20 minutes. Spoke about the position and what it entails and the company
    2nd interview- on site with hiring manager
    This was at least a 2 hour interview. This was relatively a good experience very conversational.

Online test- this was an hour long test based on policies and procedures in HR.

3rd internet-phone interview with lateral manager-lasted approximately 30 minutes. Very conversational and informative.

Asked behavioral questions regarding mostly communication and punctuality.

Don't expect anyone to follow up with you regarding position status even after multiple follow up emails.