Paychex HR Generalist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex HR Generalist Interview Questions

Interviews at Paychex

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Two telephone interviews, after receiving a notice that I was not selected, then three on site interviews. There seemed to be a disconnect between recruiting and the hiring manager. Odd to receive the thanks-no-thank notice, then a get contacted to begin the interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

3 steps
    1 virtual recording, 1 in person with mgr, 1 facetime with another mgr
    Standard run of the mill questions
    Focus is on work ethic versus past jobs
    Scheduling is through admin asst.

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in November 2014.

Interview

The process looks like this. Starting with Email from recruiter, phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with manager, phone interview with group, after a few days i was offered the position and then you are given a window of time to go and complete the drug test.

Interview Questions

• Focused heavily on behavioral interview style questions, very difficult to prepare and rehearse answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Kent, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, HR test, Phone screen, Online HR exam, Phone screen, in-person interview and job offer. All took about 2 weeks. The online HR exam is 40 questions about HR laws in your state as well as federal laws, so brush up on your knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Paychex (Portland, OR) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online in January, received notice to take a knowledge exam, interviewed with a recruiter in January, then interviewed with the local area manager in late February. The position was not technically open at the time I applied but was posted to generate resumes.

Interview Questions

• Name top 3 HR Laws. --They will ask you--   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a client situation such as...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I went through a phone interview. An in person interview, and another phone interview. The phone interview was basic get to know. The in person was behavioral, and the last phone interview was behavioral as well. I spoke to the hiring manager, and was informed he would get back to me; as I was his top pick; and he never called back.