Paychex HRS Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex HRS Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Paychex

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone screen then in person interview. After the interview you have a ride day with a sales rep. They will tell you in the interview that they always interview and have a "bench". So after the ride day they can keep stringing you along until some position becomes available. I would call and ask when the hire date was and they just said to try back next week. I finally called and said I need to make a decision on careers and they offered me a different position and said comp was the same...it wasn't.

Interview Questions

• Why Paychex? Tell me about a time you had a conflict in work and how you resolved it? TMAAT that you sold with a co-worker?   Answer Question

The process took too long. I was considered one of the bench people and had to wait for someone to quit or get fired.

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (San Leandro, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews, standard questions. Phone screener, manager, area manager. Min 3 interviews. They now do a video interview that is very awkward it's done via Webcam. Don't be surprised if the process takes 2-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you did not get the sale, why? What did you learn from that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Intense interview process. This is a company that sells HR outsourcing and benefits administration services. They follow rigorous and best of class interview processes. They will go all they way back to decisions you made in high school to see your decision-making paradigm. They will also have you set up a call with every previous manager you have had (again going back to pre-college). It might be a test of sorts to make sure that you don't have any skeletons in your closet, but you never know what a former supervisor is going to say about you.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to stay passionate about something that, from the external view, is mundane?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2011.

Interview

You'll have a recruiter interview if you were head hunted. They'll then do a coaching call a few days later. Then a Paychex phone interview. Then manager interview. Then a ride along with a current Rep. Then maybe fly you out for a senior manager interview. Then drug test and BG check. Took about 7 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• If you did so great and made so much money at your old job, why come to Paychex?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. I found that out the hard way.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paychex (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I only had one interview for this position but it is supposed to be a six month process with 5 interviews.

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (San Ramon, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process had a really good flow to it. First was hone interview, then a fae to face, then another phone interview. Also took a math test which consisted of 50 question to answer in 16 mins. You obviously have to answer as many as you can. After you complete abackground check and a drug test and your in. 2 week training in New York follows a few weeks after hire. You must pass.

Interview Questions

• what do you like about your current manager? what do you not like about your current manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2011.

Interview

Met with a manager, rode with a sales rep, met with a Zone manager and was offered the job. Had a phone interview with a recruiter. Had to take personality and IQ tests. There was a background check, drug test before getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you would be a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. They add an offer, I countered and they said take it or leave it.