Paychex Human Resources Generalist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Human Resources Generalist Interview Questions

Interviews at Paychex

2.9

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

I passed the initial screening (online assessment) and a recruiter reached out to me. After a few days of speaking to the recruiter, I had to nudge the recruiter to reach out to the hiring manager. I interviewed with an area manager. He said he will reach back out, but I have not heard from him ever since. The online assessment takes about 45minutes and another hour or so for interview. It also takes 15-20mins to fill out the application. With so much time spent, one would think that it is a common courtesy to reach back out to the candidate and let them know of the application status. I had high regard to the company prior to the interview and now I am disappointed with the lack of response and the interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

The process took about a month and a half - two months. I applied in November and received an offer in January. It started with filling out an online application, an electronic exam (similar to the PHR/SHRM exam questions), a phone interview with a Recruiter, an in-person interview with the person that would be my manager, and then a panel interview with 4 people. You really have to know your stuff in HR! They ask you almost all behavioral based questions, and they're looking for actual examples. You have to be able to tell them what you did, how you did it, and the results on every question. The questions are not simple, like "tell me about a time you were stressed." Brush up on more complex behavioral interview questions before going in. The process wasn't difficult if you have a strong background in HR because that will give you a lot of examples to pull from, but it may be difficult if you haven't had a lot of work experience. Everyone was very respectful and nice throughout the process. They always called when they said they were going to, and it seemed like they were moving the process along at a good pace for such a large company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you implemented a strategy in your department that aligned with the organization's strategy?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paychex in November 2018.

Interview

Tell me about questions with the interviewer responding with ah huh. VERY UNPROFESSINAL. I could barely understand her, which was very frusterating. Horrible interviewer!! How does paychex even consider these people to do phone screens?

Interview Questions

• She didnt really ask questions, really informed about the position which I never applied for   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Interview

I applied for the HR Generalist job in the morning, by noon I received a link to take an assessment test. As an HR professional was 8+ years of exp, I am too highly skilled to take an assessment test for a job!

Interview Questions

• First step required an assessment test.   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Can be lengthy wait time between contacts from HR or the supervisors. You'll have to interview a few different times w/ different people on the call. There was also a lengthy assessment you take prior to even interviewing.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly behavioral questions to see how you've responded to situations in the past.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

I initially interviewed via phone with a recruiter in the New York office. After that I had 3 more interviews most of which took nearly 2 hours each. There was consistently at least a week in between each interview and I typically heard back after the date that I was told to expect follow ups. The interviews all seemed to go well and I felt like I had developed a rapport with the hiring manager. Nearly 2 weeks after my last interview I received an automated email rejection. I am fine with not receiving an offer but I was very disappointed that after such an in depth interview process that I did not receive a call or direct correspondence from the hiring manager.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Interviewer was very detailed about the position and answered all the questions I had prior to me asking them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Overland Park, KS) in May 2019.

Interview

After applying I received an invitation to take an assessment. Once that was completed, I received notification that a recruiter would be contacting me. The recruiter and I talked for about 30 minutes. Mainly technical questions relating to the HR field. About a week later, I had a phone interview the person that would be my supervisor then a face to face interview a few days later with the same person. Lastly, I had a panel interview with the people that would have been on my team.

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions like tell me about a difficult situation you were involved in that didn't turn out the way you wanted it to...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paychex (Stamford, CT) in April 2010.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with a recruiter and she verified some information on my reusme and salary expectations (55krange) also we scheduled a formal phone interview with the Area Manager. The screening lasted about 20 minutes. I had a phone interview with the Area Manager that lasted about an hour. Basic questions where asked about my work history and experience. I was invited in for an in-person interview with the Area Manager. While I was there, I also met with 2 team members. They gave seperate 30minute interviews and it was pretty basic questions as well. Questions about teamwork, and behavioral interview questions. The following day I was called and asked to email professional references and I was instructed to take a drug test at a local testing facility that day. Once verified, I received an offer. Total process took about two weeks. The offer came within 2 days of email the references.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the difference between PEO and ASO and tell me the benefits and drawbacks of each.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Very quick to contact you although the process is rather lengthy. It is usually about 6 interviews before you know if you were hired.

Interview Questions

• They will typically ask you about how you would deal with problematic clients asking for more than the company can provide.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very unorthodox and unorganized.