Paychex Implementation Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2018

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Paychex

Negative67%
Neutral33%
Employee Referral50%
In Person50%
HardAverageEasy
Found 4 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY)

Interview

1st step is going through the corporate recruiter. Since I had plenty of experience she stated that the "salary was wide open & any offer will be reviewed". False! I requested the same salary I currently made and she said it was in the range. 2nd step was a video conference interview. We went through the normal questions "describe a mistake you made and how it was corrected" "What are your strength and weakness" normal questions. After an hour we discuss pay. My request was way way way out of the range for this position. Maybe the recruiter should have said something so no one time was wasted. Of course I was not offered the position but I would have turned it down anyway. Departments need to work together to filter the right candidates and not waste anyone's time.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strength and weakness?
    Answer Question
  • where do you see yourself in 2-5 years?
  • Describe an accomplishment you had
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paychex (Pittsburgh, PA) in Jul 2015

Interview

Simple series of questions that asks for events and outcomes from that event. They are looking for alot of team work responses and how you overcame hardships. Overall the interview process is very laidback and easy to get through though.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you felt like there wasnt enough time in the day and how did you react
Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Paychex (Syracuse, NY) in Jun 2014

Interview

Long and extremely boring, by the book interview process with a group of 3 supervisors. Far too involved for a position that only requires a GED and no experience. Got an offer 2 months later for a different position when someone left them short handed

Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Paychex (United States) in Jul 2011

Interview

First there is a personality test and a math test. One phone interview and three interviews in person. When I started I was applying for a job as a Payroll Specialist and they made it very clear that the job is very stressful, so much of the interview is focused on your ability to handle stress at work.

Interview Questions
  • During the final interview with the branch manager, he read me the results of my personality test and asked me to speak to whether or not I agreed with the results. He pulled a word that had defined me in the results and asked me to speak about how I felt that word applied to me.