Paychex Insurance Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Paychex Insurance Agency

2.7

PIA Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process went extremely well. It was very professional but casual enough to not feel stressed. The entire interview lasted about an hour and 15 minutes and I was offered the position about 45 minutes in.

Interview Questions

• Usual behavior questions like what are some positive/negative things about yourself.   Answer Question

Agency Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Rochester, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

There was one round of phone screening and then another direct round with technical and HR questions. Two employers took the interview. The whole process took around 10 days. There was a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Beltsville, MD).

Interview

LLOONNGGG PROCESS. I think mine took longer than normal though.

1st I was contacted by a recruiter from a branch out of my territory
    2nd I went online and applied for a position at my territory
    3rd I did a phone screening with Maria S! (AWESOME LADY)
    4th Benchmark Assessment- you take a 1 hr 45 min benchmark and if you fail you can not go forward with the interview process. It requires 110% focus. Don't zip through it but be conscious of your time
    5th face to face with branch manager- she was so nice it was almost like a conversation!
    6th face to face with regional manager- he was super cool and friendly very knowledgeable of the industry!
    7th field ride with existing outside sales rep *SPOILER ALERT*- THIS IS STILL AN INTERVIEW! Be professional, take notes, ask questions like he/she's your direct report not your peer!
    8th background, drug, credit check

THE END! To get a job here, you have to really show you want the position. Stay eager stay enthusiastic!

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job so early? (I was there only 5 months)   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was too good to turn down or have to negotiate. The benefit plan is awesome. They start you right away!

Paychex Agency Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Straight forward, generic interview questions. Had two interviews before finding out its results. Very kind interviewers. Generally finding out your personality do see if your compatible in the office environment. Almost all of the skills are learned on the job.

Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Rochester, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Overall, the process was fairly quick and effective: The hiring manager was relatively responsive, he followed up with me regularly enough to keep me in the loop. Good feedback until the final decision. After the interview, it took almost three weeks to hear the position had been offered to someone else. Disappointed in the end, especially after good communication up front, to see communication drop off so quickly.

Field Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (New York, NY).

Interview

Multi-interview process. Must be well versed in industry trends. It is a fair process where you will meet with several account managers and zone managers. Looking for hands on experience as well as the ability to multi tasc and learn new products. Will want to hear specific ex[eriences on how one assisted an account from start to finish during a client renewal...including needs analysis, options to move forward, and following through on employee open enrollment meetings

Interview Questions

• Look for questions pertaining to assiting clients with designing their benefit packages, and how to save $$$ when faced with difficult renewal increases   1 Answer

Sales Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter for Paychex will contact you. After speaking through the recruiter, who is basically screening you. They next interview will usually be in person with the Hiring Manager (usually the person you'll be working underneath). Mine was a little different as I was in New York and was looking for a job in Minneapolis/Chicago. After the initial "in person"/phone interview, we decided to have another discussion with the possibility of me flying out to Chicago to interview in person, but we were able to do a video call which worked. After that, they made their decision fairly quick and an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still working on this.

Insurance Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, Dakota County, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Mendota Heights, Dakota County, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I was brought in by upper-management right out of the gate. The interview was one of the easier ones I've had. The focus was on my ability to sell. There was very, very little discussion about insurance.

Interview Questions

• "Would you describe yourself as a hungry sales person?"   Answer Question

Regional Retention Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency in July 2014.

Interview

Paychex attempts to grow an insurance agency by interviewing brokers to get intelligence on how to manage their business. They don't offer anything special to clients, they pretend to have command of the clients data but it is total smoke and mirrors.

Buyer be aware, this is the biggest mistake an HR Manager can make. Let your payroll provide do the insurance. Talk about hands and heads off a huge business expense.

Interview Questions

• Absolutely no difficult questions, it's hard when interviewed by people who seriously are not qualified to handle difficult insurance issues. It's a truly terrible operation, leveraging bad HR decision making.   2 Answers

National Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Fairport, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Received a confirmation email regarding my application, saying they'd call if interested. I received a call, and engaged in a phone interview on the spot. Near the end of the call, they said they'd like to bring me in for an in-person interview, which we scheduled on the phone. I received an email shortly thereafter, confirming the details of the upcoming interview.

At the interview, I met briefly with the floor manager, then was dispatched on a "listen-in" with an employee in the position. He described the job to me and showed me what the daily activities are like. I then had a longer, more in-depth interview with the manager. And then three more interviews in succession, with groups of two managers/supervisors in each.
    Quite a rigorous interview process, I thought, for a position where you simply dial and set appointments for agents in the field. My suspicion is that the position probably has a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• What is your passion? Dont think, just answer!...(my response)...why? why?...(my response)
      (It was like they were just trying to pressure me and make me squirm)   Answer Question