Paychex Insurance Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Paychex Insurance Agency

2.7

National Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Fairport, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Received a confirmation email regarding my application, saying they'd call if interested. I received a call, and engaged in a phone interview on the spot. Near the end of the call, they said they'd like to bring me in for an in-person interview, which we scheduled on the phone. I received an email shortly thereafter, confirming the details of the upcoming interview.

At the interview, I met briefly with the floor manager, then was dispatched on a "listen-in" with an employee in the position. He described the job to me and showed me what the daily activities are like. I then had a longer, more in-depth interview with the manager. And then three more interviews in succession, with groups of two managers/supervisors in each.
    Quite a rigorous interview process, I thought, for a position where you simply dial and set appointments for agents in the field. My suspicion is that the position probably has a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• What is your passion? Dont think, just answer!...(my response)...why? why?...(my response)
      (It was like they were just trying to pressure me and make me squirm)   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (New York, NY).

Interview

Lengthy process with extremely poor follow-up. It too weeks(8) for any follow through or feedback. Job still not filled and has been unfilled for sometime.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be good at Account Management?   Answer Question

Sales Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter for Paychex will contact you. After speaking through the recruiter, who is basically screening you. They next interview will usually be in person with the Hiring Manager (usually the person you'll be working underneath). Mine was a little different as I was in New York and was looking for a job in Minneapolis/Chicago. After the initial "in person"/phone interview, we decided to have another discussion with the possibility of me flying out to Chicago to interview in person, but we were able to do a video call which worked. After that, they made their decision fairly quick and an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still working on this.

Insurance Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, Dakota County, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Mendota Heights, Dakota County, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I was brought in by upper-management right out of the gate. The interview was one of the easier ones I've had. The focus was on my ability to sell. There was very, very little discussion about insurance.

Interview Questions

• "Would you describe yourself as a hungry sales person?"   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2009.

Interview

It was very long. I drove back and forth from Kalamazoo MI to Grand Rapids, MI ( 45 Minutes Each way) for interviews. There was one phone interview. I then drove to G.R. for the tests which were a waste of time, and then back to G.R. again for a 1:1 Interview with the director of sales there. she basically told me that what I was told about sales was completely wrong. So...yea. After graduating with a BBA in Sales and Marketing i was quite astonished.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Rochester, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Overall, the process was fairly quick and effective: The hiring manager was relatively responsive, he followed up with me regularly enough to keep me in the loop. Good feedback until the final decision. After the interview, it took almost three weeks to hear the position had been offered to someone else. Disappointed in the end, especially after good communication up front, to see communication drop off so quickly.

Field Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (New York, NY).

Interview

Multi-interview process. Must be well versed in industry trends. It is a fair process where you will meet with several account managers and zone managers. Looking for hands on experience as well as the ability to multi tasc and learn new products. Will want to hear specific ex[eriences on how one assisted an account from start to finish during a client renewal...including needs analysis, options to move forward, and following through on employee open enrollment meetings

Interview Questions

• Look for questions pertaining to assiting clients with designing their benefit packages, and how to save $$$ when faced with difficult renewal increases   1 Answer

Workers Comp Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Rochester, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

After being referred by a Paychex employee, I met with two supervisors. I began work following a drug test. Based on the interview, I was left with an impression that the agency was a positive work environment. Despite the low pay, I was happy to fill the position. The positive first impression turned out to be typical of the facade Paychex is effective at creating. Whether dealing with employees, clients, the public, or rating organizations, Paychex manages to define itself as an ethical, progressive work place. The image is far removed from the practices used throughout the organization. The management style of the insurance agency, in particular, was divisive and repressive. The repressive environment manifested itself in strange ways. The workforce was separated into, "teams." Each team was given its share of unrealistic goals to reach. Because no one dared to question policies or practices, the teams would turn on each other as if their frustrations could be resolved if only the other teams did their job. It felt like life under totalitarian rule.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to accept the low salary?   1 Answer

Group Health Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

First interview is with regional manager of the insurance agency. If selected, you are interview by several of their colleagues, including the branch manager of the local office. You are also requested to spend a day with individuals who work in the same capacity to get a feel for the position.

Interview Questions

• If a position was available for both the job you have applied for and a manager position, which position would be your preference?   Answer Question
    • What are your personal long-term goals?   Answer Question

Paychex Agency Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex Insurance Agency (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Straight forward, generic interview questions. Had two interviews before finding out its results. Very kind interviewers. Generally finding out your personality do see if your compatible in the office environment. Almost all of the skills are learned on the job.