Paychex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

National Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Great interview process. I shadowed a current sales support rep for thirty minutes, interviewed with the team leader and a manager, and then with another more senior person at the company. They were warm, engaging, and professional.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Rochester, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The first part of interviewing is an invite to record a video interview with HireVue. It is suggested that you dress as if you were going to an in person interview, make sure there is sufficient lighting and your area is quiet from distractions. You are not able to review your interview questions but you can practice the ones offered for as long as you need.

Interview Questions

• What has been your professional work experience up to this point?   1 Answer
    • For the position you've applied for; what skills do you posses that make you the ideal candidate?   Answer Question
    • One of Paychex tenants is "service: describe a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question
    • Salary range you're seeking?   1 Answer
    • What are the hours you can work, are you available to work overtime?   1 Answer

Retirement Benefits Services Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in January 2017.

Interview

- Applied: end of December
    - Email request for a video interview (a few days after application submission) where you record the answers to questions via webcam.
    - Brief phone screening within a few days of video interview.
    - In-person interview with 2 department managers 1 week after video submission.
    - 2 weeks later, I received a phone call from corporate recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a confrontation you were apart of in a professional setting, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

It wasn't feasible financially to move for position.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview almost 1 month after applying. The recruiter that called was very unenthusiastic and you could tell she was just trying to make it through the day. I didn't want to work there based on my experience with this recruiter alone and she didn't even ask me if I had any questions for her. It appears they are trying to get the cheapest person possible, rather than the best person. I did receive a courtesy rejection email.

Hours are Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. MST, Wage $17.00 per hour, Benefits begin the first of the month following a person’s date of hire, Medical, Dental & Life insurance packages to choose from 26 days of Paid Time Off annually (Vacation accrual starts at 10 days a year, 6 Federal Paid Holidays, 4 additional Floating Holidays, 5 Sick Days, & 1 Day Community Volunteerism)
    401(k) Plan - enrollment immediate with company match after 1 year; Tuition assistance program

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you provided excellent client service? What is the most difficult situation you ever encountered and what was the outcome? What type of productivity goals did you have to meet in your prior positions?   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paychex (Webster, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

An initial hour long phone screen with hiring manager followed by an afternoon onsite group panel interview session with half a dozen team members. All of the participants had a few pages of scenarios and questions that they took turns asking me. They were scoring my answers as I gave them, including a portion of drawing system designs on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Explain to us a time you created or significantly updated a system architecture. What steps did you do to ensure it was successful? What were the results? How was it received? Did you receive any resistance?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paychex (Maple Grove, MN).

Interview

The Interviewer was 35 minutes late. His receptionist kept calling him and she never got a response. When he arrived he didnt seem apologetic at all. Seemed uninterested and careless

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Kent, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, HR test, Phone screen, Online HR exam, Phone screen, in-person interview and job offer. All took about 2 weeks. The online HR exam is 40 questions about HR laws in your state as well as federal laws, so brush up on your knowledge.

Core Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Seriously, the most bs rat race I've ever been through. They kept dragging me along making me jump through hoops, making me feel as if I had the job. I had an interview with the recruiter, then video interview, then skills test, and the next step was in-person interview (where I had to drive 2 hours to get to), and then ride along (another 2 hour trip), and if all of that wasn't enough I then had another interview in my area that I would be working remotely from. Also, they weren't very mindful that I had a job. They were rude and entitled. My advice to the company: Do not drag interviewees all the way through this lengthy process if you do not intend on hiring them. This put my current job in jeopardy nor was it worth the hassle.

Interview Questions

• -Sales quota questions
      -Sales process
      -Why Paychex? (Why not xyx?)
      Answer Question

Your Next IT Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canandaigua, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Canandaigua, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a video interview through HireVue. They record your answers to five questions and pass the interview among the hiring teams. The HireVue software is accessible with Flashplayer and an Internet connection, and you need a web cam and microphone. You are allowed to try some practice questions as many times as you want, to get comfortable with the length of time and your answers being recorded.

Interview Questions

• Innovation is a value of the company. Give an example where you innovated.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager/MyStaffingPro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter who basically walked through my resume. This was followed by a brief phone interview with the vice president. This was again more of a background validation than an typical interview. Next was a phone interview the sales director. This was a typical interview discussing my background, the position and what they needed and expected. I was then flown to LA to meet with the VP, followed by a trip to New York to meet with the director.

Interview Questions

• There was a lot of focus on managing a remote team and that the job required about 70% travel. When I met in person I presented a 90 day plan.   1 Answer