Paychex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fast, clear, and communicative. Stephen Martinez was amazing! He kept me informed of each step and the expectations of each, and was very accessible when I had questions. It was an 8 day process from applying to job offer (which is phenomenally quick!).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake: what it was, how you fixed it, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Implentation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

first a phone interview lthat lasted five minutes. Then a sit down interview and personality test that lasted about an hour.

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Very unprofessional interview with local sales manager. When I was told first thing that they were looking for "diversity' in the workplace I knew there were issues. Worst interview of all time and the Omaha branch has a nutcase as a manager!

Billing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

one -on- one with manager, then upper manager all in same day

Interview Questions

• they talk to you like an idiot because they don't want smart people so they can pay you so poorly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

sadly - I accepted the job, with them not negotiating. My bad since 1 month after hire they froze all pay raises for 2 years then raised benefit costs.

Interview

I was hired as a temp and offered a position a few months in.

Negotiation

there was none, either you take it or not.

Payroll Specilalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

Management makes a big difference depending on what office - no communication

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

was contacted by a recruiter, had to interview a few times, take a test very detailed process

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Forwarded my resume to an old co-worker who was hired by them. Was rushed through the interview process. Initial phone call from talent coordinator, face to face with district sales manager, final interview with zone manager. STAR based questions, display sales confidence, very professional interviews

Interview Questions

• Describe me a time the hardest time when you had to use your negotiation skills to get a problem solved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Interview

Normal Hiring Questions - angle seemed to be about keeping the big picture in mind - starting a career, working hard to get appointments, and making a name for one's self.

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paychex (Kent, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Upon an interview for a sales position; despite my extensive experience (5 years beyond the minimum required), high performance in previous positions, with reputable companies, and extensive education, the interviewer took one look at me and my resume an asked, “How did you not know that Anthropology was not a career choice?" He continued to ask me if, “I worked in non-profit development because I came from poverty," and had a general condescending tone. He was completely unaware that Anthropology is the study of human culture. Therefore, giving me an additional awareness of human interaction, experience in research and more specifically market research which should have been seen as an amplification of my talents for a sales position, not a detriment. He was also unaware that non-profit development is quite literally asking for money without giving the donor anything in return. I've had to sell people on the idea of giving to benefit someone other than themselves. It was obvious that, as a manager, he had no idea how to interview someone and quite frankly I am surprised he is in charge of the hiring process. He does not recognize integrity or professionalism. I obviously did not get a job offer. However, I am now employed with one of the larger non-profits in the Seattle area and in 4 months I have already led a team to achieve over 100K in donation and memberships, as well as, bringing in about the same in group visits and rentals. I am a highly professional individual from the Chicago land area and have been employed with top companies in my field. I have never experienced such unprofessional behavior from a potential employer in my life, and that is saying a lot as a minority female. The interviewers’ behavior border lined on racism and harassment.

Interview Questions

• "How did you not know that Anthropology was a career?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

For me it took 4 or so weeks to get hired. I got hired out of college but that is not very typical. Definitely a tough process but I liked everyone who I interviewed with and felt very thankful to get the job. They have you take a math test, some sort of personality test, and have you go on a field ride to get an idea of what the job is really like. I thought that was helpful and had a positive impression of the company and the people managing it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable.