Paychex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

Client Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paychex (Auburn, ME) in October 2015.

Interview

Strange very strange. They start with a online forum where you tap yourself like you are auditioning for some lead role. Then they do a phone interview with basic question. Followed by a live in person interview. Where they fill you with only the good stuff. They then partner you with a job preview where then you are filled with more BS.

Interview Questions

• They were all about you describing a situation, task, and result to their questions   1 Answer

401(K) Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paychex (Nashville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

They run you through the ringer for this job. You have online tests for personality / reading skills / math, a phone screening, a second phone interview, meeting with boss, phone interview with the boss and his boss, ride-along afternoon with a current rep, interview with boss right after ride along to tell him how it was... Then they asked me to learn a presentation and the next day via phone present it and then send them the contact info of my former bosses "for coaching information" and that is when I dropped out of the process. It was too much for a job where the base is barely $40,000. Also they wanted you to bring W-2s to prove past income which is really invasive and soon to be illegal.

I also felt like the male boss was trying to figure out if I had kids or my family planning plans. I was talking about a trip I was going on and he said "bringing any little ones?" I had held quite a few sales jobs but the boss kept discounting my time at my most recent sales job and asking me about the first sales job. He couldn't make the connection that my most recent sales job was the same and relevant even though the company wasn't as similar. It felt like a good old boys club. However the recruiter was the coolest and she used to do the job and was very successful. I got some weird vibes from the place and the job didn't seem as legit as they said it was. They claim you can make six figures but it seemed very unlikely... It seemed like a ton of running around/hustle for not a lot of payoff. It also seemed like they micro manage your call tracking and time. There were cheesy motivational posters up about selling. It felt like a fake, cheesy "sales culture".

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Strength/weaknesses? A lot about past experience and how much you made/what you sold /whether you sold at gold circle levels... Later in the process they expect you to learn a presentation over one evening and have you present it to them over the phone in the morning... so dumb   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fast, clear, and communicative. Stephen Martinez was amazing! He kept me informed of each step and the expectations of each, and was very accessible when I had questions. It was an 8 day process from applying to job offer (which is phenomenally quick!).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake: what it was, how you fixed it, and the outcome.   Answer Question

IT Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Rochester, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 managers, 1 technical question about UNIX which was easy. Just generic questions about work experience and personality. Would of liked feedback, I thought that I did good. Did not like the generic decline email

Interview Questions

• How do you remove a file in unix   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview w/ territory manager & top selling rep, phone interview, 8 hour ride along, phone interview, online assessment test, in person interview with territory manager and regional manager

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Applied for the position; completed an assessment; contacted 2 weeks later for a video interview; contacted one month later for a face to face interview; I had to reach back out to the company after being told I would be contacted; had second face to face interview with manager- job shadowed; offered the position the same day.

Middle Management Interview

Interview

the interview process was the typical process you google about. do your research and smile and you will be fine. as long as you have common sense consider yourself hired

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I went through a phone interview. An in person interview, and another phone interview. The phone interview was basic get to know. The in person was behavioral, and the last phone interview was behavioral as well. I spoke to the hiring manager, and was informed he would get back to me; as I was his top pick; and he never called back.

Dedicated Service Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paychex (Allentown, PA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email the same day. I took the online assessment, then I got an email the same day again for a video interview. I was nervous so I did it late that day. I received another email from HR to set up a phone interview which I also did same day. She asked a couple questions about why I'm leaving my old job, what salary I'm looking for etc. Very nice talk, which she then said I will receive a call for an in person interview. One day later I was called and I set the interview for the next day. I spoke with 3 people. 2 supervisors, one in person and the other was virtual. Then they had me speak with the manager. I really felt like they cared about their employees and spoke wonders about the benefits. They made me feel like I was interviewing them and they sold me! By the end of the interview I was hoping to get the job! I got a call 2 days later that I got the job! Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were under extreme stress, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Implementation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paychex (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Went through two interviews, one phone and one in person. First call was with the recruiter, who then set you up with the hiring supervisor. The interview went over all of the typical questions. I was fortunate to have a friend in the same department.

Interview Questions

• I always think the most difficult question is "where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   Answer Question