Paychex Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

160 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retirement Plan Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Two over the phone interviews with initial recruiter and hiring manager, in person meeting with district manager with lasted about an hour, mostly to get to know each other to see if there is a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle adversity?
      What do you do when things are not going your way?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Paychex in December 2015.

Interview

An internal recruiter responded to my application, and scheduled a 30 minute phone screening. I was then invited to take an online assessment, which I passed, as I was asked to meet with the hiring manager. At the end of the meeting, I was informed I'd go on a field ride and meet with the Zone Manager, after which a decision would be made.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was originally referred by a current employee.
    Spoke with recruiter and went through a preliminary assessment.
    After passing assessment, spoke with district manager. They have you do a field ride-along with a current representative.
    After your field ride, you speak with management and final decisions are made

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paychex (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

It was a very long process. they make you take all of these tests on line that do not indicate the person you really are. Too many steps on their part that are mundane.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in August 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen followed by an online assessment, which was in turn followed by another phone screen. I honestly got the feeling the second phone screen was accidentally duplicated and not by design.

After a day or so I was contacted back and was asked to come in for an interview. I met with the sales manager and things went very well, most of the questions were situational and required a final resolution.

After that interview I joined a current sales rep in the field for an afternoon. It was a great opportunity to get a full picture of what the role would entail, after this I had a final interview with the Territory Sales Manager.

I quickly followed up to thank them for the opportunity to interview which is when I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about what you will be doing in this role?   1 Answer
    • What would your previous manager say about your performance?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Base is extremely competitive with potential to more than double it.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Worked through a recruiter, interviewed and opted out of the process. In total the recruiter and interview process was quick and painless. Wanted to see the organizational fit for myself, but also how I fit according to me. Definitely come with some good questions to ask and any thing to make yourself stand out in a crowd of applicants.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

One interview by call followed by an interview at a Paychex office that included a surprise supervisor as well. The first interview by phone was a very easy interview, the second interviewer asked expected questions, while the third interviewer asked more difficult questions. It was all very respectful though.

Interview Questions

• They were focused heavily on finding out whether or not what I said on my resume was accurate. Also asked how I would essentially handle a major error with a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was then contacted by a regional recruiter, who did a brief phone interview. There was an online assessment, which took about an hour and a half. I had another brief phone interview with the recruiter after that, who then passed me off to their local sales manager. I interviewed over the phone with him for roughly 20-25 minutes. Although I could tell by the language that the local sales manager was using, that I was competing against many people, and there probably wasn't any hope of getting the job, even from the beginning of the interview. It was a waste of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Glendale, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview and another in person interview. The phone interview and first in person interview was great, however the last in person interview really left a bad taste for me. If you're a typical sales person with a huge personality that's clearly fake to a humble person- then this would be ideal to you. The second in person interview was so cheesy and very hunter sales style that I personally can't work with. Having seven years of successful sales without the frills and fluff, this was not for me. It was all frills and fluff.

Core Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paychex (Miami, FL).

Interview

2 Months long, 36K base plus commision, a lot of cold calling paired with wear and tear on your car. I did a ton of research on this position and seems like a great opportunity for someone out of school, but was offered a job with a base of 65k so I had to pass as it seems this position was very turn and burn which didn't fit me.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your all the way back from high school. How much do you want to make?   1 Answer