Paychex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paychex (Maple Grove, MN).

Interview

The Interviewer was 35 minutes late. His receptionist kept calling him and she never got a response. When he arrived he didnt seem apologetic at all. Seemed uninterested and careless

Core Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Seriously, the most bs rat race I've ever been through. They kept dragging me along making me jump through hoops, making me feel as if I had the job. I had an interview with the recruiter, then video interview, then skills test, and the next step was in-person interview (where I had to drive 2 hours to get to), and then ride along (another 2 hour trip), and if all of that wasn't enough I then had another interview in my area that I would be working remotely from. Also, they weren't very mindful that I had a job. They were rude and entitled. My advice to the company: Do not drag interviewees all the way through this lengthy process if you do not intend on hiring them. This put my current job in jeopardy nor was it worth the hassle.

Interview Questions

• -Sales quota questions
      -Sales process
      -Why Paychex? (Why not xyx?)   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Kent, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, HR test, Phone screen, Online HR exam, Phone screen, in-person interview and job offer. All took about 2 weeks. The online HR exam is 40 questions about HR laws in your state as well as federal laws, so brush up on your knowledge.

Your Next IT Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canandaigua, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Canandaigua, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a video interview through HireVue. They record your answers to five questions and pass the interview among the hiring teams. The HireVue software is accessible with Flashplayer and an Internet connection, and you need a web cam and microphone. You are allowed to try some practice questions as many times as you want, to get comfortable with the length of time and your answers being recorded.

Interview Questions

• Innovation is a value of the company. Give an example where you innovated.   Answer Question

Small Business Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Lake Mary, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews. 1 video and came back to the office 3 times for a face to face interview. Did not get an offer but felt it was pretty extreme to have me come back so many times to be asked the same questions.

Business Development Manager/MyStaffingPro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter who basically walked through my resume. This was followed by a brief phone interview with the vice president. This was again more of a background validation than an typical interview. Next was a phone interview the sales director. This was a typical interview discussing my background, the position and what they needed and expected. I was then flown to LA to meet with the VP, followed by a trip to New York to meet with the director.

Interview Questions

• There was a lot of focus on managing a remote team and that the job required about 70% travel. When I met in person I presented a 90 day plan.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New Orleans, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who prepped me for my 1st interview which was face-to-face with the District Sales Manager at a coffee shop. 2nd 'interview' was a series of prerecorded questions with a 2-3 minute period afterwards to record your response. 3rd interview was face-to-face with the District Sales Manager in the local office followed by a 'ride-along' day with another Sales Rep. 4th interview was conducted over the phone with the Zone Manager. I received a job offer after the 4th interview.

Interview Questions

• Take me back to when you were in high school, what did you outside of your schoolwork?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Rochester, NY).

Interview

multiple face to face interviews with various forms of management. also, I rep ride along to see day in the life. Typically sales skills, strengths, weaknesses type of questions. Want to to hear that you are highly self motivated, as well as a team player (for referring in colleagues who sell other services). Great experience.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter on the phone, came into office for interview - received offer end of that week. Process was good - recruiter was friendly and helpful. Went through benefits information and what I should expect when I started. I got a good introduction in the system and videos showing me what to expect

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself - how did you hear about this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a starting salary and asked if I could start -I said Yes. No real negotiation

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paychex (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Meet the two supervisors the same day , then the Branch manager was offered position 15 min after walking out of interview. They asked a series of questions it was like 2 pages of questions. Nothing hard everything was easy to answer.