Paychex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was basically me reading my resume to the hiring manager. He was supposed to go over my assessment but he never did. There was nothing really out of the ordinary for this interview. They did ask if you were looking at other places which is kinda rude

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

applied online to three different positions, payroll specialist being one and only that I received an email from a recruiter with a 24 hour window to take a test, your basic math english assessment with a mixture of outlook and excel test questions. About 2 hours later, I received an digital interview link from the same recruiter with still 24 hours to respond. It was 7 wide ranged question that you complete by webcam or cv text. After that I received an email that it was completed and will reviewed over the next few days. I know it seems like a lot of bad reviews but I would love to get trained in a field like this and make a career. Its a start to me and hopefully a blessing. I am still waiting. It has not been long enough

Interview Questions

• what was something that went wrong but you helped resolve the situation?   1 Answer

Core Payroll Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Passaic, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Passaic, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I was Contacted by an internal recruiter who found me on a job site. I had a good conversation with her, and she explained the position really well. Next, I Took online test and did well. Met with hiring manager the next week. Had a field ride with a successful rep. On the team ( 4 hours ) - this was a really great way of asking a peer questions, and seeing if the job is going to be the right fit! Finally, I met with hiring manager's boss. I got a quick email saying I wasn't chosen- was a bit quick / rude, considering all I'd put in. Glad I didn't go there!

Employer Shared Responsibility Spec Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

-Was called in for interview that took about 45min.
    -did typing test
    -waiting for a review
    -got a call back within two weeks.
    The questions were very unique and caused you to be quick on your feet.

Interview Questions

• What are your weakness?
      What asset would you bring to the company?
      How fast are your typing rankings?
      2 Answers

Core Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Phone Interview: Spoke with a recruiter, she then gave me an assessment. Did the assessment and and was moved on to meet with 2 managers only one did not show up. After my first interview, they moved me to the ride along and met with the other sales manager. Was told that there were no reservations about me and had to wait until the end of the week. That day came came and passed and still nothing. Got an automated email, with no feedback, saying they were moving forward with others. Was told by the sales manager I would be contacted either way personally. They truly made me feel like I was someone they could work with. To this day, I still have no feedback. I tried emailing everyone I dealt with and still got nothing. If you can't give feedback in an interview, what can someone expect working for you? Could have been my test? I feel they wouldn't move forward at that point.

They are also very disorganized, after doing that interview, I received another email from a recruiter asking I'd be available for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current company?
      Tell me about your ride along? Hoe'd it go?
      Why do you want to work for Paychex?
      Tell me about your background?
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was not bad. Met with 2-3 different Managers separately. Each explained the daily life of a sales representative at Paychex. Road in the field with two Paychex Sales Representatives.

New Client Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in March 2016.

Interview

Current employee applying for internal posting. Four rounds of phone interviews with various supervisors, most with more then one person doing the interview. Each interview lasted around 45 minutes and was pleasant, but questions were specific enough that I wish I had prepared more examples. Was offered a position about 1 month after I submitted my application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your career so far here at Paychex Inc.

What are your goals within the company?

Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset client and how you handled it.

Can you think of a time you were doing a repetitive task and made a mistake?

Can you think of a time you saw someone doing something incorrect/wrong, and what you did to address/fix it?

Tell me about a time you were a part of a team, was it a positive or negative experience?

Tell me about a time that you saw a process that could be improved and what you did about it.

How do you keep yourself organized?

What’s one of the processes you’ve struggled with in your current role?
      Answer Question

District Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paychex (Mendota Heights, MN).

Interview

First submitting application online, via the Paychex careers website, just simple questions, upload resume, type all the info on your resume of course and list a few references. Although you can sign in with linkedin which might streamline the process, was pretty simple. Next recruiter will reach out to schedule a phone interview, very casual just to get to know you & gauge if you are a good fit for the role. If that goes well you get an in person interview with one or two District Sales Managers, lots of STAR stories, ask what you know about the company, how you handle stress, how you stay organized etc. Then they would typically offer you a chance to come in and shadow someone currently doing the job to see how you like it and of course to get feedback on how you do, just be nice and enthusiastic and ask good questions. Finally you would typically have an interview with a zone manager before getting a job offer. Once you receive an offer (this can happen quickly) be prepared to pass a urine drug test at a lab and a background check.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when your having a really bad day and you have to come in to work?/How do you handle stress?   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

One phone interview, two in person interviews. Mostly behavioral questions were asked. They try to pull you in with telling you, you have to go to NYC for training. Not very exciting.

Declined offer, they start the pay too low at $15. They are way behind in terms of wage compared to other companies. Some retail stores pay better wages. Decided to take a better offer with higher pay.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I first spoke with a recruiter and had to complete an online skills test that any other employee would have to complete. Once receiving the results, I was given a follow-up interview with the District Sales Manager of one of the Atlanta teams. We met one-on-one, and it was a casual interview about the company, day-to-day interactions, expectations, and my hopes for the future.