Paychex Major Market Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paychex Major Market Sales Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paychex (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

The interview process took a close to 2 months. It was a very positive experience because the recruiters and managers were very supportive throughout the process. The first step was a video interview, then I was scheduled to meet with the DM. I also had an interview with her boss and I went on a ride long with one of the sales representatives. It took quite a while for the process to be completed but it was a very good experience at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had fallen short on your monthly goal from a previous job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Major Market Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

They jerked me around for a month before making a verbal offer for this position. The fringe benefits wound up being rather unimpressive (2 weeks vacation until your 5th year?!?), so I told them I needed to think about it. Less than 48 hours later, the offer was recinded because apparently I didn't thank my lucky stars for the mediocre offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my successes, my goals and what "makes me hungry."   Answer Question

Major Market Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Number of meetings with internal recruiter, hiring manager and regional manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paychex (Rocky Hill, CT) in January 2011.

Interview

This was a fairly elaborate and dramatic interview process. Started with a recruiter who refused to specify the company, but promised it was an idea position for me, with a huge pay increase.

I continued to communicate back and forth with her, providing my resume and completing a personality test before finally getting moved on to the Regional manager.

Regional manager promised I was 1 of 2 candidates and strung me along through a series of lengthy interviews and then never followed up to schedule my field ride. Giant waste of time.

Interview Questions

• If I died, and you had to take over my job managing you what would you do.   Answer Question

Major Market Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in March 2010.

Interview

It was a very long interview process. You had to take a few test and then interview with at least two managers. It took a long time to get an answer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you did not succeed and tell me exactly why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Austin, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

I met with a recruiter and then was pushed on to the district manager, from then I went on a field ride with a current rep. After that I had a 1 on 1 with the district manager face to face and then I had a 1 on1 with his boss. Then was offered the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate

Major Market Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

interview was good, detailed, included initial phone screen, IQ test, 2 in person interviews, ride along

Interview Questions

Negotiation

simple, but no real flexibility